Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am currently building a computer for my dads computer system and I need to know where can i buy this case or something very similar that is not very expensive in Canada or that ships to canada

http://www.circotech.com/rm-2230-2u-...micro-atx.html

and this is my rack music system

I am fitting a

all this in the case

Bfg GS-550 550W Power Supply Atx V2.2 EPS12V Active Pfc 20/24PIN 6PIN & 8PIN PCI-E 140MM Fan

Lg GH22NS50 Black 22X Sata Dvd Writer Oem

AMD Athlon II X3 425 Triple Core Processor Socket AM3 2.7GHZ 1.5MB Cache 95W Retail Box

Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500GB SATA2 3.5IN 8.5MS 7200RPM 16MB Hard Drive Oem *3YR Mfr Warranty*

ASUS M4A785TD-M Evo mATX 785G Socket AM3 DDR3 1PCI-E16 1PCI-E1 2PCI Video Sound GBLAN Motherboard

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by Somenamehere
View Post

Does that website not ship to Canada ? Or do you want to try to find the case for cheaper ?

If shipping is the problem I am sure you can find someone to help you out with that.

they only accept wire transfer for international orders and charge a fee of 25$ + they ship via UPS which is a total rip off.

I need help finding a case like that that I can get it or buy it in canada.

·
Premium Member
65,162 Posts
Just a note.... your PSU has a bottom/top fan. Most rackmount cases designed with side mounted fans in mind. You might have to mod the case for it to work.

Have you checked eBay? I am sure Canada has companies decommishing servers.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by DuckieHo
View Post

Just a note.... your PSU has a bottom/top fan. Most rackmount cases designed with side mounted fans in mind. You might have to mod the case for it to work.

Have you checked eBay? I am sure Canada has companies decommishing servers.

Duckie Ho, do you recommend any other power supply, i buy form directcanada.. i chose that one because it was cheap, lots of power and seems reliable based on newegg reviews.

and thanks i am checking ebay right now!

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

Originally Posted by MXjunk127
View Post

Doesn't Newegg ship to Canada now?

I love this 2U:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-082-_-Product

PS that ATX power supply wont fit...

i seen those cases, but how does our standard mATX motherboard work with the PCI slots horizontal on that case.

Note, my dad has his rack beside the TV and plan is to also hook it up and use it as a HTPC ocasionally

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I found these cases in NEWEGG.CA, i just need finding a good compatible power supply

·
Registered
544 Posts
You will need an adapter to make the PCI slots work horzontally, may I suggest you try a 3U case? That way you can run cards vertically, use a larger HS, and can run a standard ATX power supply?

Edit, whoops you only have 2U available...good luck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts