Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Most will mock, but none the less I am finally putting together a good dream raid with an LSI Card and 4 new Vertex 3 Drives all coming first of the week.
The motherboard I have now only has one PCI-E so I need to find a socket 775 motherboard with 2 pci-e slots. Here is the thing... I need people to actually post boards that I can buy, that are in stock, or are found. I have searched all day for high end gigbyte boards and asus and there not instock... their discontinued... so maybe someone here has something they might want to sell.

I have DDR2 Ram... so I need a DDR2 775 board.

Post some links... as I would like to purchase something tonight.. hopefully for less than 150.00 (I would love to pick up a top of the line board p45 chipset for a little over a hundred...)

What would you get? The raid system will carry over to 22nm when that finally hits the streets.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That motherboard can't be ordered from newegg as i see it... i went to the link... good option... but how do i order?

·
Baller on a Budget
1,304 Posts
For a good 775 board you're going to have to go with used. Look on eBay for an Asus Maximus II Formula or Gigabyte EP45-UD3P, pretty much the best 775 boards you can get.

Also you could look into any board with 750i/780i/790i chipset

·
Facepalm
9,476 Posts
He isn't going to find a used FULLY WORKING board unless he gets lucky, or unless he's willing to spend more than $200 from someone offering a return policy. There are alot of scammers selling partially working boards, with little problems they won't tell you about, along with the "no returns accepted."

And the rare new P5Q Premium/Deluxe/Pro or EP45-UD3P or UD3R board that might pop up is going to go for way over $200.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
look around Ebay... you can find plenty of white box motherboards for decent prices... i got my 780i Ultra for $80 on ebay and everything works just fine... look for manufacturer refurbished items

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Still on a Hunt for a good 775 socket motherboard...
I love Asus and Gigabyte boards...
Someone has to have one
smile.gif

·
Premium Member
4,512 Posts
LSI card? Never heard of that, will it allow any gains past 2 SSDs?

Used P45 UD3P on ebay is your only chance. Not happening for $100, you/ll bid against everyone else who's wanting 775

·
Stock *ahem*
6,382 Posts
NCIX USA has only that LGA775 board in stock on sale. The rest are listed here.

I advise asking around on OCN for a P5Q Pro. That mobo has a P45 chipset, takes DDR2, and has slots for Crossfire.

OTOH if you just need one PCI-E x16 and a few x4 or x1 slots even a P5Q will do the trick.

If you don't care about that and just want a microATX board, I can tell you that a P5KPL-AM Epu will fill the bill, as it has a PCI-E (x1, I think) slot just above the main PCI-E x16 slot.

·
Registered
612 Posts
i found my 780i on geeks.com for like $65 after shipping. still working good about a year later.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Josemx, what are you building?
I have a socket 775 I will be selling once I find one with two pci-e slots... I have a gigabyte GA-EP35-DS3R (but I guess its old now

1 - 20 of 24 Posts