Overclock.net banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all overclockers
!

Know that its are like 2 more threds of how to flash a x600 pro to x600 xt but still dont anderstand (only 14 year old boy plz help...)

1. I looked at www.teachpowerup.com for a x600 xt bios. But i only found a GeCube X600 xt and i have a asus x600 pro. Is that any problem? I edited the bios to 550/300 (thats what my card can handel), And the memmory timings exactly as my curret. Are i ready to flash?
2. How do i flash?
3. And what happnd if tha flash faild!? do i have to buy a new card? (agin only 14 year old no money)

·

29,532 Posts
1. You should be, but You/I need some ensurance (I'm not 100% sure) just to be safe.

2. Can't answer on that one, sorry. Never done it on ATi cardss.

3. Normally you can do what's called a "blind flash", which basically does the same as 2. - just that it reverses the failures.

·
Registered
409 Posts
u can flash the card again.. just get another display device... ie.. on board, or pci... and try it again... just be sure to backup the original before overwriting it

·

29,532 Posts
Nothing should be a problem about temps. The worst they can do it doing artifacts, and it is possible (even though it's artifacting) to reflash it.

·
Premium Member
5,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Or i found a Asus x600 xt on teacpowerup but its are an 128 mb and i have 256. Can i change it using R.A.B.I.T and flash?

·
Premium Member
5,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quote:

Originally Posted by selectodude

If you bump again, someone will have to take you out back and shoot you in the head.

Wow...sure dude. But still ned help.

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
OK. really there is no reall point to flashing that card. besides the fact it detects as a Xt instead of a Pro. so i wouldn't bother myself. just OC the sucker to the max. u will get the same performace. trust me. i have a 9600 XT Ultra and a 9600 pro (all the X600 are just 9600 with better memory speeds and PCI-E) i OCed them to the same speed and i got the ezact same performace. so i would just OC. save u the trouble of mucking around with flashing

·
Premium Member
5,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok, but i want to flash. It mena verrry mutch to me
hehehee you know, i dont have i good card so why not own at least a x600 xt :S. And ya...son gona buy a 1950 xtx.....

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
well i have never flashed a PCI-E card. so i wouldn't know how. soz mate

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
I was talking to my mate today and he has one. he is going to email me over the bios in the next 8 hours or so. as soon as he does. i will upload the bios onto the net.

·
Premium Member
7,531 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by i_ame_killer_2
View Post

ok, but i want to flash. It mena verrry mutch to me
hehehee you know, i dont have i good card so why not own at least a x600 xt :S. And ya...son gona buy a 1950 xtx.....

You'll need to upgrade your power supply to get that card.

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
I reckon he would get away with it. i have seen them run on a 250watt power supply. but all the same an upgrade would b good

·
Premium Member
5,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Quote:

Originally Posted by hodgoes2001
View Post

I was talking to my mate today and he has one. he is going to email me over the bios in the next 8 hours or so. as soon as he does. i will upload the bios onto the net.

Thank you!!!! I am waiting for the bios......

1 - 19 of 19 Posts