Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

What is the most this processor can be overclocked meanwhile still being stable and how would i go about doing so with my motherboard

·
Premium Member
4,325 Posts
Have you read through the Intel overclocking guide? You can find a link to it in my signature. What kind of cooling do you have on your CPU?

·
Premium Member
4,325 Posts
Depending on how much your RAM can take, I'd say at least around 3.1-3.3. The nForce chipsets for Intel's haven't really been great overclocker's from what I've seen on the forums though. At this point in time, I think you're biggest limiting factor may be your RAM. What speed is it rated for?

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Density: 512MB
Pin Count: 240-pin
Version: Unbuffered
Package: DIMM
Speed: PC2-4200
Configuration: 64 Meg x 64
Data Rate: 533 MT/s
CAS Latency: 4
Voltage: 1.8V
Component Config: 32 Meg x 8
ECC: Non ECC
Module Ranks: Dual Rank
Component Count: 16

i have 2 of these in dual channel mode

·
Premium Member
4,325 Posts
No you don't. According to your CPUz screen shot you have a P4 640 which is rated for 2800MHz from the factory.

Edit: I retract my statement, the 640 is rated for 3.2GHz from the factory. It's weird that your CPU changed your multi on you.

·
Premium Member
4,206 Posts
It all depends on your board, your memory, your cooling, and your power supply. If it's all pretty decent, and you got a good chip, you could probably hit 3.3.

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
and it is 3.2 the cpu core clock keeps changing so what would it be able to go to if it is 3.2

·
Premium Member
4,325 Posts
You might have been scammed. Did you even notice the frequency in the screenshot you posted?

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yes but then i ran cpu-z again and it said 3200 and has gone to 2799.1 to 2800.1 so yeah it is changing

1 - 20 of 29 Posts