Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi

not long bought my self a quad core cpu @2.8ghz and would like to o/c it to about 3.2/3.4 if possible how do i go about this.

check my system specs for the system i have and please help with any advice possible.

id like it to run stable and to up the speed without adding any extra cooling to it.

if any info given can it be in the style of for dummies as i have never tried o/c before and dont want to damage anything.

thanks for any help in advance

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Make sure that ram speed stays under control (set it down one notch). Also HT Link speed should stay at about 2000 so set it down a notch first as well. As contain said start raising the clock speed up and test while watching that temperatures don't get too high (we generally say to keep them at or about 55C under load).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the help guys.

i have tried to do as you`ve suggested but i am unable to do anything in the bios i can change the HTclock upto 1000 only i cannot change the baseclock nor the NBclock.

i cannot change much at all in the bios for overclocking. icarnt even change any voltages as there locked out

i guess the MB it just not capable of overclocking which is a shame.

oh well thanks for your help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts