Overclock.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
K. So i finally got the rest of the pieces i needed for my mobo. Just put everything together today looks sloppy (just trying to get things running and than ill re wire). So unfourtanetly im having a problem i cut the power on the computer starts up 3 seconds later it loads the bios reading off my cpu spped etc. and than it just powers off -__-. Any quick suggestions maybe its a stupid simple fix? Specs as follow
I7 930
Gigabyte X58-UD3R (rev.1.6)
Sapphire ATI 5770
6 GB DDR3 Ram
Intel SSD
Sony Optaric DVD DRIVE

(btw only have one stick of ram in at the moment its in the very first slot )

Will no longer boot bios cuts on. than 2 seconds later cuts off however i got to read the bios screen for a second it said something about failing because of an overclock? however this is my first time cutting it on

·
Registered
3,708 Posts
Try a CMOS clear, located on the back of the mobo. Should light up blue.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:

Originally Posted by dasisfranz
View Post

Is it going into a boot loop where it starts then shuts down seconds later repeatedly? I had this problem with mine and had to RMA, cause it was defective.

Nope read about that. and Umm.. i don't see any type of reset button sorry new to this was hoping it would go good lol

·
Registered
3,708 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by nykeiscool
View Post

Nope read about that. and Umm.. i don't see any type of reset button sorry new to this was hoping it would go good lol

Don't unplug the power source, but turn off the computer. At the I/O plate, you should see a glowing blue button that says CMOS.

·
Banned
5,000 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Detroitsoldier
View Post

Don't unplug the power source, but turn off the computer. At the I/O plate, you should see a glowing blue button that says CMOS.

He has the EX58 not the EX58A... there is no cmos button

·
Registered
3,708 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by chatch15117
View Post

He has the EX58 not the EX58A... there is no cmos button

All he said was X58, never said EX58 or X58A. I guess Revision 1.6 should have given it away.

·
Banned
5,000 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Detroitsoldier
View Post

All he said was X58, never said EX58 or X58A. I guess Revision 1.6 should have given it away.

yeah i guess

anyways... hold down the power button for like 30 seconds and it will fix it. I had the reboot loop once and that fixed the problem.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
working! new defect though lol! it wont let me hit delete on my keyboard for bios setup! however i can hit enter and any other key just not the f keys / dlt the ones i need ofc lol however im using an apple keyboard (first desktop in a while had one for my macbook) any thoughts is it really the keyboard

1 - 14 of 14 Posts