Quote:

Originally Posted by aznricer112
View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hey Zeus
View Post

Buy a C2Q

+1 or OC your current PC

+2 or as he said, overclock it. Your dual is holding you back.

·
Premium Member
3,538 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by FiX
View Post

+2 or as he said, overclock it. Your dual is holding you back.

+3 the CPU bottleneck your GPU performances

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by donutpirate
View Post

Vsync doesn't do anything for me in that game. I get 70-80 FPS constant with Vsync on... I think it's borked

Its lame but I have to change resolutions EACH time I play to get vsync to work. At least I do not have any flickering anymore

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by tyuo9980
View Post

My gtx 285 can only get me to 40fps avg with everything on low, 1xaa, 1xaf, hbao and everything else disabled. any help?

There's really not enough information here to help you... but I can guess:

Based on what you said, I'm guessing you're getting 40fps on Bad Company 2 (your system should be running fine on other games - please check to be sure). There are known problems right now with high end nVidia cards and BC2, so you'll just have to be patient for a fix. The problem is most likely with the nvidia drivers but both companies (nvidia, EA/DICE) are working on updates as we speak. BC2 is also a processor heavy game in its current iteration so you could get improvements in fps simply by overclocking the processor, gpu, or both.

For reference, I get about 40 fps on BC2 with my system, all stock clocks, and all high settings in game, 1xaa, axaf, no v-sync. Since your system is significantly better, you should expect much better fps in the near future due to the patches which are pending. Pay no attention to these people reflexively telling you to buy your way out of this problem - just be patient.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the sUggestions but my CPU IS overclocked to 3.0ghz. 2.33 stock. And my gpu is oced as well. It has 702, 1242, 1584 timings. Every time I try to oc my card it seems like the drivers are crashing every 5 minutes in game.

I am going to get a quad but I dun have the money yet. Should I buy a c2q or invest in an i5 setup? I can get a q8400 for $200 or i5 with p7p55d pro and 4gb ddr3 for $600

·
Melted Cheese
4,182 Posts
With BFBC2 no matter how good your dual core is the thing just won't cut it. The game needs a quad core and just will not run very well without it. You might as well go i5 as c2q is quite outdated by now. For now you could go to your BFBC2 folder in documents and edit the settings.ini file and change dxversion=auto to dxversion=9 which should boost your performance quite nicely.

·
Melted Cheese
4,182 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by benyu View Post
if dual cores don't run good?

is it good if i get 70+ FPS everything maxed?
how does HTT help on bc2?

i think the E6600 could be bottlenecking
anyone got benches for quad vs. dual in bc2?
Interesting as I have read all over the place that no one has been able to max everything with a dual core. Must be that shiny new i3

·
Premium Member
7,731 Posts
This is why i'm going i7

1 - 20 of 22 Posts