Overclock.net banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cant get above 2.7 at all, I've tried different Multis, RAM dividers, increased chipset volts, At 2.7 I use 1.65 volts 26 idle, 48load. I cant seem to accept that is as high as my CPU will go, am I missing something??

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
2.7 is an amazing overclock for your X2...I'm surprised you got that much out of it. You will not be able to get 2.8..

EDIT: wait a minute, if your 2.7 isn't prime stable, that doesn't count...

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it is dual prime at 2.7, but I cant get anything above that not even 2.73, I'm not at all interested yet what I cant do just what I can (no offense). HTT does best at 300x9, but I've also used 270x10

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
nope no screenshot, do you have any suggestions tytlyf?

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've been asking that question for a while, I dont think the current 3800 steppings get a big OC, like u said .4-.6 max, but I bought mine last Nov, with your 4800 if the steppings have truly changed u wont get a big OC.... anyways with the X2's with 1MB L2 Cache (4400&4800)with the bigger cache they actually get a smaller OC, 4800 between 2.5-2.8

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
you are just at the chips limit. 3800x2's dont overclock that much...2.6-2.7 is all...you gotta buy a different chip if you want more speed.

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm very close too agreeing with u tytlyf...there is a very high probability u are correct...but there also is a slim chance that we r both wrong..soo any suggestions...can we just not disagree for once

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
only thing I can suggest at this point to ensure its only the cpu clocking and nothing else would be this....
Use the 100 memory divider. Use the x3 HTT multi. And just test from there.
You may have to put an extreme amount of volts into it, which isn't worth it.
If I were you, I would focus on getting 2.7 prime stable or at least 32M stable first, and forget about just getting a screenshot of 2.8.
Just see how high you can get it prime stable, that's a TRUE overclock...this screenshot junk is a waste...
I mean, I dont even bother..even though it would be over 3.2, I dont really care cause it's a worthless speed that you cant do anything with..

just my

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.