Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, so Im sick of the lousy PPD production from my current 6950. I have 2 GTX 460s showing up on monday which i will be swapping into my current machine. At the moment I am using the V7 Client . Im sure from memory I have read that this client doesnt like the 460 or its current drivers. I will still be folding on my CPU which is a Phenom x4 on win 7 .

Will I need a new client or a few for the 2 460s and cpu?
Is nvidia the same as ATI where I will have to disable CPU cores to fold the cards?
Which are the best drivers to get for folding the 460s? (I don't game so age of driver is un important just want moar PPD.)

Cheers
thumb.gif

·
Premium Member
5,592 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwnography6 View Post

Hi, so Im sick of the lousy PPD production from my current 6950. I have 2 GTX 460s showing up on monday which i will be swapping into my current machine. At the moment I am using the V7 Client . Im sure from memory I have read that this client doesnt like the 460 or its current drivers. I will still be folding on my CPU which is a Phenom x4 on win 7 .
V7 works but has some odd quirks and is still in beta.

Quote:

Will I need a new client or a few for the 2 460s and cpu?
Not needed, but the GPU Tracker is easy to set up (works for CPU and GPU). V7 works for Nvidias too, it's just not needed as with the _16 WU for Radeons.

Quote:

Is nvidia the same as ATI where I will have to disable CPU cores to fold the cards?
Probably not needed as they take very little CPU compared to Radeons, if the -advmethods WUs ever come back to Fermi it's even less demand on the CPU.

Quote:

Which are the best drivers to get for folding the 460s? (I don't game so age of driver is un important just want moar PPD.)

Cheers
thumb.gif
258.96 or 266.58 is what you want.

cheers.gif

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
I would just use the bare bones command prompt clients. You should have running for each card. the only big difference will be using the -gpu 0 and -gpu 1 flags for multiple graphics cards. As someone else suggested there should be no need to give the cards their own core. I have a 460 (which I love and want to get another for folding. I get 12k ppd) and i see less then .25% cpu usage when running smp in windows or ~2% when running bigadv in vm ware.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts