Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My HD just can't boots up and sounds like "TIC TAC...TIC TAC...TIC TAC..." the sound trying to power up (the HD physically)

Tried to boot up with my XP CD, and see if I can actually remove the partition and reinstall everything to fix it....but then the XP said can't even detect the HD (when it plugged in correctly)

I was able to use my PC with NO PROBLEM at all, I was even playing games til 4am yesterday night..humm...

My HD just died all sudden?!?!?!?!

I hope not, or I'll really gonna cry!

·
Banned
1,013 Posts
hmmmm sounds alarming. is it new or getting on a bit??? I hate to say it but sometimes hard drives just die and yes we all cry when we hear that clicking sound. Have you tried it in another computer

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by stevo3

hmmmm sounds alarming. is it new or getting on a bit??? I hate to say it but sometimes hard drives just die and yes we all cry when we hear that clicking sound. Have you tried it in another computer

Nah, I used it for about 1.5 yrs already.
Haven't try on another computer, but I tried to switch to another HD with my same PC...and that HD boots up normally...

I beg you, HD! Please don't.......................

·
Premium Member
4,000 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ahson

My HD just can't boots up and sounds like "TIC TAC...TIC TAC...TIC TAC..." the sound trying to power up (the HD physically)

Tried to boot up with my XP CD, and see if I can actually remove the partition and reinstall everything to fix it....but then the XP said can't even detect the HD (when it plugged in correctly)

I was able to use my PC with NO PROBLEM at all, I was even playing games til 4am yesterday night..humm...

Happened to me with my WD. Make sure you got the jumper in correctly.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by blob

Happened to me with my WD. Make sure you got the jumper in correctly.

The one Im having problem is a WD as well.
And I never move the jumper or anything....
I was still playing game yesterday night with my PC...and just another day my HD is kinda dead now...

Virus? or the HD just dead for no reasons?

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
WD sux or what...
Looks like so many people are having the same problem, died HD!
If I have the chance, Im not gonna use WD anymore...but then I don't wanna pay for a new HD so Im gonna send this defective HD back for a replacement. WD again...

Goodbye my pics, games, so much more...!!!

·
Registered
98 Posts
I wish I could have had clicking instead of A loud rusty chainsaw death for my old hard drive.

I lost about 20GB of Demos and Patches

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
THE LESSON LEARNED: BACK UP BACK UP BACK UP and get a DVDRW so you can BACK UP some more.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ahson

Someone get the kleenex quick.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts