1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently built myself a new computer using:
CoolerMaster MasterCase Pro 5 Tower
A5ROCK Fatal1ty Gaming K4 Motherboard
EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB GPU
8GB of DDR4-3200 GHz RAM
AMD Ryzen 5 1600 w/ AMD Wraith Spire CPU Fan
6 140mm Case Fans (4 Case fans + the CPU Fan are operational due to lack of fan headers on mobo, but I'll connect the remaining ones to my PSU)
I am using an Acer 144Hz 1080p Monitor that I connected to my GPU with both a DVI cable and an HDMI cable. I have also plugged the monitor into a power strip that is plugged into a wall outlet.

The following image shows where I have plugged various cables into. I won't go into too much detail on the obvious connections, but I'll touch up each one and what each color means.
I please both of my RAM modules in the green slots.
I connected my PSU power cable to my mobo header outlined in blue.
I plugged 2 of my case fans into the headers outlined in pink.
I plugged all of correct cables into the correct pins in on the header outlined in yellow.
I plugged my case's USB power cable in the header outlined in Red. The USB ports are in the front.
https://imgur.com/imXsNg1

Here is a link to the manual for the motherboard. The diagram is on page 7, the list explaining what each number means is on page 8.
http://asrock.pc.cdn.bitgravity.com/Manual/Fatal1ty X370 Gaming K4.pdf

When I hit the power button on the tower, the system starts up, runs for 10-15 seconds and then restarts and does it again.

I know this happens because: My 3 LED case fan light up and start spinning. My CPU fan starts spinning. My graphics card fan also starts spinning.
I have a back-lit keyboard that I used to test all of my USB ports on the tower as well as on the mobo. It never lit up when I plugged it into each USB port.

I have a USB drive with just the setup for Windows 10 on it. It has 57GB of total storage (including the space used up by Windows 10).

My monitor detects no signal at all during this time.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts