Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend told me i'm having a direct sound problem. My mic deosn't work AT ALL. when the mic is actually a working mic. My computer deosn't know its there. When I go into ventrilo. They hear what comes through my speakers when the speakers are in the audio out port. Which makes absolutely no sence. And this is when there is no mic. So I have no idea what is wrong or what to do. I really want to fix this.

·
Premium Member
4,325 Posts
I don't really understand what you are trying to say but I'll just throw something out there and see if you have already done it.

Right click on the volume control panel in your system tray and select adjust audio properties. Go under the voice tab, and ensure that your default hardware is selected in each of the drop downs. Make sure you hit apply or OK, to have the new settings take. Right click on the volume control panel again and this time select open volume control panel. Make sure that your MIC is not muted.

I'm sure you probably have already done this, but I'd like to be sure. It almost sounds like you are having a problem that I had with Teamspeak. I did some re-configurations in my sound control panel and it started working.

·
Premium Member
14,732 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chim3ra

I don't really understand what you are trying to say but I'll just throw something out there and see if you have already done it.

Right click on the volume control panel in your system tray and select adjust audio properties. Go under the voice tab, and ensure that your default hardware is selected in each of the drop downs. Make sure you hit apply or OK, to have the new settings take. Right click on the volume control panel again and this time select open volume control panel. Make sure that your MIC is not muted.

I'm sure you probably have already done this, but I'd like to be sure. It almost sounds like you are having a problem that I had with Teamspeak. I did some re-configurations in my sound control panel and it started working.

Yep, I'll lay money on what Chim said about your microphone being muted. I've seen it 20 million times just within the guilds I've been in for online games.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts