Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oki, So this morning I woke up this morning and got on msn messenger. There was a website going around and diff people were sayin you know this site is cool and stuff. So as usual, curious and stupid, I went and checked it out. It looked like some broken link and the text was in a diff language so I just went on with my work and thought nothing of it. I was later asked if I had gotten the link or had visited it and then was informed that it had given me a virus.... I reformated my drive a week back and didnt install my antivirus because my friend had the cd and I only got it back yesterday. I totaly forgot to install it. My computer is now running slower, and it has a few foreign and unfriendly process running. I installed antivirus and updated it right away and then ran a full system scan in safe mode. Norton came up with nothing *Norton systemworks 2005 premier*. I will go and get the process names right now and post them here. Anyone have any idea at all what this might be? I really dont want to have to reinstall again. I really apprciate any help or posts posted. Thanks

Edit: Oki then.... lol Now the process isnt there..... *is totally lost* Maybe it was just a false alarm. Im going to murder the person who told me it was a virus if it was....
If I see the process again, I will post it here. Sorry about the false alarm:S

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
2 programs.....windows spyware remover and Avast! antivirus.

both are free, and will detect anything on your system.
i had so many viruses on my laptop, installed this stuff, ALL gone!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by adas123
2 programs.....windows spyware remover and Avast! antivirus.

both are free, and will detect anything on your system.
i had so many viruses on my laptop, installed this stuff, ALL gone!
Oki doki, I will try them. Is that windows spyware remover the one that Microsoft provides?! Thanks much Adas

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
no prob...and yeah, the one from microsoft...just make sure u have a legal version of windows! lol

·
Banned
1,013 Posts
if you google for the program you can download the setup file without needing a legal version of windows. not suggesting that you would, just in case maybe microsoft.com was down or something

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
alrighty, Ill look into them. Thanky. I use Adaware of cuorse
I love that probgram Im a bit of a norton fan though, but my system seems to be fine now. So im not to worried. and that process hasnt come back. so im happy. Thanks forr all the help guys.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts