Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I run core temp to keep an eye on temps.Im running 3.9 at 1.475 and it stays about 36/37c when im playing any game.Now when im rendering video it can get as high as 42c but thats about it,even under OCCT or Prime 46c/47c is about the highest it goes.
I did a cple of updates rebooted computer and three of my 4 cores are not showing up on anything OD,PC Wizard,Etc...nothing now it boots fine and im on it right now...
*** happen..?I have never had an issue with this processor of any kind.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Did you reset the bios? Some mobo's have the option to turn cores off for better overclocking.

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
did you check the last place you had them!??! in all seriousness, does windows task manager show them? does cpu-z or windows detect the correct processor?

·
Man with Fans
7,746 Posts
Look up Task Manager and set it to show one graph per core in the CPU Usage tab.

Are there four cores?

Also, check BIOS if you disabled any cores by accident.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all....i do believe that ACC is the culprit.I read all i could on it yesterday,for the first time i took it off Auto and bumped all cores up +4....i had the same +4..on auto and that did seem to make my 3.9 OC more stable.
So i was poking around to see if i could what happens when you play ACC,um and i did.I reset the CMOS..something that sadly i can almost do with my eyes closed..went back to stock and it rebooted and all 4 were there.
So im going to get it back where it was,i have the settings and voltages memorized and leave ACC on auto just like it has been.Just had just enough time this am to reset the CMOS abd reboot before i went to work.Im Deep Optimzeing Defrag all my HD's (..3..)
while im at work while trying to push thru to 4.0 stable had a few BSOD's so im sure things could use some cleanning up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts