well i have hit a wall at 2.5ghz i would like 2.6ghz
my settings are below

htt x4 /16bit
divider 166/333
multi x10
ht 250
vcore 1.55v
vdim 2.7v
cool and quiet disabled and thats it ,the rest is in the pic below i have tried lowring my ht to x3 still was unstable at 2.55ghz then tried a lower divieder still the same so it is not the memory that is holding me back
and i cant think of anything else that it could be ???
:withstupi :withstupi help!!!!

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i cant up the vcore any more

1> i have just done the vmod on this board and 1.55v is the max you can get but mine fluctuates between that and 1.6 v
. 1.55v is what its at .i can load the pc at 2.55 im going to try 2.6 and then ill try changing the multi to 9 x260 and see how high i can get the ht but .i cant rase my vcore ,is there anything else i could try ???

·
Premium Member
14,732 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by enzo15

well i have hit a wall at 2.5ghz i would like 2.6ghz
my settings are below

htt x4 /16bit
divider 166/333
multi x10
ht 250
vcore 1.55v
vdim 2.7v
cool and quiet disabled and thats it ,the rest is in the pic below i have tried lowring my ht to x3 still was unstable at 2.55ghz then tried a lower divieder still the same so it is not the memory that is holding me back
and i cant think of anything else that it could be ???
:withstupi :withstupi help!!!!

Unfortunately, you have the worst overclocking core AMD ever created. I know because I have 4 of them. Have you considered unlocking your multipliers? It's actually not as hard as it sounds, but there is some risk if you don't know what you're doing.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i dont no what my core is i just wrote palimino because i saw it some where is it one of them
someone said if it is a 4 in cpu-z or somthing that ,that is what it is
so i have rubbish core what are the better cores then?

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
also i can boot my pc up to 265ht so thats not a problem but what u have said is that i have a rubbish core so is this my problem and the only way to get 2.6ghz and ^ is by upping the vcore so i need a new mobo i realy need help anyone fancey helping !!! i also tried 9x265 but there where errors on prime after seconds so i didnt bother and put it back 250x10 HELP HELP
can someone tell me to try something or to change somthing
i have changed

divider dosent help
htt to 3 and dosent help
cant change vcore because this is the max

multi to 9x

also how do i unlock other multipliers ??and would that even help ?

·
Registered
290 Posts
When I was hitting a wall I had to get a better PSU because the voltage was fluctuating to much and prevented me from getting my comp to run stable. Could be an issue with yours, but thats just a thought. Is it just not passing prime or is it not posting at all over 2.5?

·
Registered
490 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by enzo15

i dont no what my core is i just wrote palimino because i saw it some where is it one of them
someone said if it is a 4 in cpu-z or somthing that ,that is what it is
so i have rubbish core what are the better cores then?

open cpuz and look under code name, it'll tell you have core you have. for the 3200, venice core is what you want

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
to answer both of yous i do have a vence core lol and my volts do fluctuat but it does so between 1.52>1.6v and it posts at 2.6ghz but freezez and
2.55 just fails occt after 3%

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
bump ^^ realy need help my pc is stable on occt and passes the test but on prime it fail after miby 15 min or so can any one help me im starting to think it is my memory but i put a 133 divider on and then put the ht to 255 and it froze on the load up
HELLLLLLLLLPPPP!!!!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Jeez is a 20% overclock on air not good enough for you people!?

Worst overclockalbe core, are you flipping off your rocker?

Man, they're not kidding when they say expectations are everything.

Looks like you've hit your wall, I've hit a a wall @ 2.6(with stock volts btw) and found 2.5 to be my stable point. Are you even taking stablitity into consideration when your OC?
Running prime95 all night while you sleep is a good test.

ALso, if you go over a 250HTT, you need to bring your HT multiplier from x4 to x3.

If I was you I'd be done with your processor OC and move on your RAM.

If I was you I'd run a tighter divider and get my ram running at 225mhz-235mhz with those same somewhat tight timings.

"One of the worst overclocking cores" I've heard it all now.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
lol thanx for the help but the only way i could think to improve my overclock is the memory like u said but it isnt the best i would need a new mobo to get the right vdim and about 2.8v/2.9v to get something like 225mhz stable i can load my pc when its at that with 2.7v but i get a blue screen telling me about crap lol something about memroy any hints to help me ?? worst core ever lol for sure

20% is a good overclock and i do take my pc being stable into account if that was the case i would have it at 2.65ghz the now lol but its stable at 2.5 miby if i get a new mobo and put the vcore to 1.6v ill get where im wanting to get
thanx for the help

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Drop your HTT to 1 and try it again. It takes a little fennagleing to get it to work sometimes....and sometimes it doesn't.....Drop your Mem divider as low as you can as well. The way the 64 mem controller is set up, you won;t really lose too much performance with your memory....

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
you need more vcore for more speed. If you dont have it, you dont get more speed.
I would work on your memory speed, if it is BH-5, you need over 3.1v to really get it running.
I recommend a new motherboard.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i recomend one to lol a dfi ut-d should do the job lol
but im not sure about my memory its value but i had a big discusion with a guy on here about it and he said it was bh-5 because it had a bh in the code thing my warenty is only for 2.95v
on the web site but they have different timmings 3,4,4,6 or somthing so ill just wait and see and ill try droping the divider as low as possible 200 and the htt to 2 ok
thanx

·
Premium Member
45,674 Posts
I vote PS... voltage flux and a 400w.
What brand is the PS?
What is the specification of the 12v+ rail?
THe 12+v rail or combined rails should be about 24a or more for a good stable OC!

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Duke
I vote PS...
nah, his problem is he needs more than 1.55v. He could probably use a PS as well, but to clock higher, he needs more juice....for it to be stable for hours, thats where the stable rails come in..

·
Premium Member
14,732 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by internal
Jeez is a 20% overclock on air not good enough for you people!?

Worst overclockalbe core, are you flipping off your rocker?

Man, they're not kidding when they say expectations are everything.

Looks like you've hit your wall, I've hit a a wall @ 2.6(with stock volts btw) and found 2.5 to be my stable point. Are you even taking stablitity into consideration when your OC?
Running prime95 all night while you sleep is a good test.

ALso, if you go over a 250HTT, you need to bring your HT multiplier from x4 to x3.

If I was you I'd be done with your processor OC and move on your RAM.

If I was you I'd run a tighter divider and get my ram running at 225mhz-235mhz with those same somewhat tight timings.

"One of the worst overclocking cores" I've heard it all now.
Perhaps you should read the thread again and also do some research so you can understand what's going on. He doesn't actually have a Palomino core as originally stated in his first post. He made it up. As far as you not believing the Palomino core is THE worst overclocking chip AMD has ever produced, read up. Without question, it's the worst they've ever made and the results speak for themselves. Apparently, you haven't "heard everything."

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Duke
I vote PS... voltage flux and a 400w.
What brand is the PS?
What is the specification of the 12v+ rail?
THe 12+v rail or combined rails should be about 24a or more for a good stable OC!

my psu is a no name thing i got with my crappy case lol and i dont now who to find out the current on the 12v rails

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.