Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i got a small case that has a place for 3 80mm fans , well these places r as follows .......

2 fans right behind the cpu , beside the USB ports etc.. and the other one is on the side of the computer. its like facing the cpu , i was wondering , shud they all blow the air out or blowing the air inside ? plz help .

Note i got TTbT installed so yeah help .

thanks .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,654 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by kitt3

Well i got a small case that has a place for 3 80mm fans , well these places r as follows .......

2 fans right behind the cpu , beside the USB ports etc.. and the other one is on the side of the computer. its like facing the cpu , i was wondering , shud they all blow the air out or blowing the air inside ? plz help .

Note i got TTbT installed so yeah help .

thanks .


Basic thermal stuff..

Heat rises, so, Fan's in the back are usually in the mid-to upper part of the case, so exhaust

Is a fan location in the front of the computer? It should most definitely be an Intake to balance your intake/outtake, Aswell as to give better airflow/cold air

The fan over the Proc. Should INTAKE to give the proc some nice fresh air!


Basically, Back exhaust, Front intake, Side intake.
Make sure to put some fan filters on the intakes! It'll make your life way easier.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,146 Posts
ideally you want to have the same number of fans taking in air as fans exhausting it. in your case, you have 3 fans, so you cant do 2 in and 2 out. normally, fans higher up are usually exhuast, because heat rises. if it were me, i would put the side fan to take in air, then put one of the fans to exhaust, and the last to intake, preferably the one that would blow over the CPU. this way, you have more cool air coming in.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:


Originally Posted by Orion14_99

ideally you want to have the same number of fans taking in air as fans exhausting it. in your case, you have 3 fans, so you cant do 2 in and 2 out. normally, fans higher up are usually exhuast, because heat rises. if it were me, i would put the side fan to take in air, then put one of the fans to exhaust, and the last to intake, preferably the one that would blow over the CPU. this way, you have more cool air coming in.


sorry guys go easy on me my english isnt that good . Intake ? dose that mean it takes out the air and blow it outside the case ? or it takes the air from outside the case and blow it inside ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:


Originally Posted by Orion14_99

ideally you want to have the same number of fans taking in air as fans exhausting it. in your case, you have 3 fans, so you cant do 2 in and 2 out. normally, fans higher up are usually exhuast, because heat rises. if it were me, i would put the side fan to take in air, then put one of the fans to exhaust, and the last to intake, preferably the one that would blow over the CPU. this way, you have more cool air coming in.


I get it now , u said the fan infront of the cpu should be intake to give the cpu fresh air , okay but, i got TTbT installed !!

so about the other 2 fans right behind the cpu they r on top of each other , so one is intake and the other one is exhust, is that correct or no?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,654 Posts
You will see on your fans, On side has a little plastic thing going across the fan and on one side theres nothing across the fan. The side of the fan that has the plastic going across it is the side that the air blows towards. Basically mount the intake fans with the plastic thingy *usually has a sticker* facing inwards, into your case. And have exhaust facing outwards. Facing outside of your case. Kinda hard to understand, I couldn't find any good pictures.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:


Originally Posted by r3tard

You will see on your fans, On side has a little plastic thing going across the fan and on one side theres nothing across the fan. The side of the fan that has the plastic going across it is the side that the air blows towards. Basically mount the intake fans with the plastic thingy *usually has a sticker* facing inwards, into your case. And have exhaust facing outwards. Facing outside of your case. Kinda hard to understand, I couldn't find any good pictures.


nah i get it , thanks for help ill try that .
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top