Overclock.net banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a surface pro 3 and have been trying to connect the computer to my desktop monitor using the mini displayport to hdmi adapter. It connects well but the colors are terrible washed out. I have been trying to find a way to set the RGB range to full range (0-255) as it appears Intel drivers default to limited(16-235). I have searched Google for days but haven't found a solution yet.

This looks like a huge oversight on Intel's part. I'm sure there are plenty of people hooking up a second display to there notebook computers through an hdmi connection. Anyone using Intel graphics for a htpc must run into this issue as well. Also strange, most budget motherboards for desktop only come with a hdmi and VGA out. As do most OEM desktop computers with no discrete gpu. Full range rgb is needed by anyone connecting the computer to a desktop monitor.

What am I missing here? Does anyone know the trick to enabling full range rgb on Intel graphics?

·
Registered
668 Posts
never really messed with colors, but I know resolution only goes as high as the desktop being mirrored/extended. if you disable the laptop screen then you can change monitor screen to higher resolution. Try this for the color and see if it is same principal.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts