Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was trying to OC my Celeron D 2.4GHz. i was going slow since it was like my first time OC'ing and i had no idea what i was i doing. so i get it up to 2.60GHz, but it keeps crashing right after i sign into my account, sometimes before. is this because my CPU isn't getting enough voltage or what? i have an ASUS P4R800-V Deluxe if that helps.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Please go here and fill out your entire suystem specs as best you can, this will help people help you better.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
You probably need to raise you Vcore a tad given your temps are within reason.

·
Banned
109 Posts
it crash because your using windows xp wish put the pc to off when something is wrong or too hot sytems.
GOOD SYSTEM FOR OVERCLOCKING IT HELPS YOU NOT BURNING ANYTHING
actually try raising vcore like other told you and it will stop.

dont worry crashing is better than ****ing a pc cost a lot

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok, i raised the vcore to 1.575v but when i try to raise it to 1.600v i get stuck on the "Primary Slave, Primary master, etc." page thing. im just oc'ing using the CPU Clock thing, because my FSB frequency thing is grayed out, why is this and can fix this?

i still get some crashes like when i play a game or something.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Speed

ok, i raised the vcore to 1.575v but when i try to raise it to 1.600v i get stuck on the "Primary Slave, Primary master, etc." page thing. im just oc'ing using the CPU Clock thing, because my FSB frequency thing is grayed out, why is this and can fix this?

i still get some crashes like when i play a game or something.

your problem sound like mine where the primary master thingy just freeze post. my solution was to disconnect the slave drive
. ur overclocking an intel, if ur not raising the fsb wat r u rasising? some crashes means stil not enough juice 1.6 prolly would get it stable. it could also be that your voltage is fluctuating isntead of keeping a steady voltage.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
DON'T raise your vcore above 1.525v or you will cause damage, its also more than enough to get an overclock to 3ghz.

You should'nt need to add any vcore yet, not until your at 2.8Ghz if not more.

Check your RAM is'nt running to fast if so add a little voltage, say 0.1v.

eg, 2.5v + 0.1v = 2.6v

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Noob001

your problem sound like mine where the primary master thingy just freeze post. my solution was to disconnect the slave drive
. ur overclocking an intel, if ur not raising the fsb wat r u rasising? some crashes means stil not enough juice 1.6 prolly would get it stable. it could also be that your voltage is fluctuating isntead of keeping a steady voltage.

im raising the CPU Clock...its like the first thing in the Advanced tab, the first sub-menu there , using the phoenix BIOS thing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts