·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'v got:-

*Pentium 4- 3.6GHz
*256MB RAM
*GeForce FX 5500

I still lag quite a bit on WoW. Is this to be expected and how much will my performance increase on low settings if i buy another 512MB of RAM?

·
^^That's my user name^^
9,930 Posts
Lag....? what speed is your internet?

·
^^That's my user name^^
9,930 Posts
I played battlefield 1942 on high on 64-man servers with no lag.... 256MB, 256k DSL with a 60 ping.

·
^^That's my user name^^
9,930 Posts
You mean 1MB....

Is anyone else using your connection? do you have wireless hooked up to it?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Quote:

*Pentium 4- 3.6GHz
*256MB RAM
*GeForce FX 5500

that set up is a WOW in its self what a lopsided computer you have did you buy it like that or did you choose the specs?

(more ram will help and a server with LOW ping also that is close to you like you live in USA dont choose a Aulstralian server)

·
Premium Member
14,732 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Damien

3.1GHz sorry :S

Adding more ram will help you more than anything else you could possibly do. I used to play SWG with 1/2 gb of ram and it was horrible in main cities. I added another 1/2 gb and the difference was massive. It was the single largest upgrade I've ever witnessed. Quite literally, it went from nearly unplayable to smoothe as silk.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I suppose the lag is to be expected since i only have 256MB of RAM. I get ExTrEmE lag in IronForge but i suppose everyone gets some lag. When i but the RAM (Which i plan to) how much of a boost in gaming performance will there be?

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by sccr64472

Adding more ram will help you more than anything else you could possibly do. I used to play SWG with 1/2 gb of ram and it was horrible in main cities. I added another 1/2 gb and the difference was massive. It was the single largest upgrade I've ever witnessed. Quite literally, it went from nearly unplayable to smoothe as silk.

Hey you played SWG too...that sure was an awesome game untill soe completely killed it. What were you?

P.S. O yea the posters question more ram will help alot. I would say go to 1gig even with 512 mine is really bad especially in orgrimmar.

·
Registered
30 Posts
but if you get to 1024 and want to move to 2048 i would discourage it...the difference in 1gig and 2gig isnt' much of a difference..personally

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Yes anything more will greatly help with bad performance in main cities go ahead and buy it.

·
^^That's my user name^^
9,930 Posts
Try to not get value RAM... Look for memory with timings below 2-3-3-6 and more than or equal to DDR 400/ PC-3200

1 - 20 of 29 Posts