Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
recently there was a lanparty at my school where they handed out FEAR demos. My one friend wanted to play the demo just to see how pitiful his PC really is. Just to give you a frame of reference, it runs at 551 MHz. Another kid claims that he got his 2.7 GHz proc at the same time...7 yrs ago. There's no way he bought a 2.7 GHz proc at that time. if anybody know how much a 2.7 cpu would have cost (if they were even available in '99) it would help bak me up.

551 mhz!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
5,809 Posts
1999.... hmm.... 2.7ghz does sound a little ahead of the time, but not by much...i think hes bluffing unless he has some serious hook ups with intel...lol

·
Administrator
6,696 Posts
I seriously doubt that there was a 2.7GHz processor out at that time. Intel and AMD did not have processors of that operating frequency at that time, and I doubt any other companies will have achieved speeds as great as what he has said.

·
Premium Member
3,844 Posts
In 1999 I bought my first Gateway computer. (Ya I didn't know any better..) And it had the fastest AMD that was out at the time, which was a 1000 mhz cpu. At the time Intel just put out their chips and the fastest (I think) was like a 1.3 Pentium3. Right before the P4.

So your friend is a "Big Fat Liar" !!!

·
Premium Member
13,422 Posts
Quote:

help me call my friend a liar

Now that is not very nice... even if he is wrong! Lol... I would never let him forget it though

·
Premium Member
45,674 Posts
Uhh.. my 750 was rather up to date and the invoice is dated 2000!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts