Overclock.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I had deathadder black for almost 8 months and then it start doing double clicks from a single click so I sent it back and now I am looking for another one. the deathadder was really very good help reduce pain in my wrist from long game sessions and also I noticed my aim improved in FPS games over others I tried before.

I see that there is now new edition called deathadder 2013 but I heard that the double click problem is common in razer mice so do you think they fixed this problem in the new edition ? or should I look for something else ?

Notes:
- old mice I tried are Cyborg Rat 7 and Tt Black but both cause pain in my wrist
- I like big palm grip mice only.
- Games I play are RTS and FPS only.

Thanks for your help

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Not sure on your price range but I was coming from a MX518 and I absolutely love my new Roccat Kone XTD.
Another one that seems to be great and surely looks very comfortable is the Naos 8200.

Regards

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all replies

@Makav3li just for information what are these issues ?

@shaolin95 no particular budget but I prefer price range up to $80

·
Registered
677 Posts
I thought that the DeathAdder 2013 had had a spinning bug until Razer had released the firmware update that addressed it.
What are the problems with it?

·
Registered
601 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by L4dd View Post

I thought that the DeathAdder 2013 had had a spinning bug until Razer had released the firmware update that addressed it.
What are the problems with it?
Spinning issue has been resolved with latest firmware update, I dont know of any other major flaws at the moment.
So Makav3li what are the other issues?

·
Registered
464 Posts
No spinning problems on mine and I didn't do the firmware update so it's probably installed on new batches. The buttons do feel better than that of my old DA 3500 but it's too early to tell if I'll get a double click issue. Never bought the Black Edition so I can't compare it. I have been pretty hard on the mouse since I took it out of the box as some games make extreme use of the main buttons along with my usual constant clicking through saved sites.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega215d View Post

No spinning problems on mine and I didn't do the firmware update so it's probably installed on new batches. The buttons do feel better than that of my old DA 3500 but it's too early to tell if I'll get a double click issue. Never bought the Black Edition so I can't compare it. I have been pretty hard on the mouse since I took it out of the box as some games make extreme use of the main buttons along with my usual constant clicking through saved sites.
When I bought BE I message Razer and they replay BE is basically the 3500 but without lighting so from the info you provide I think buttons feel of 2013 will be also better than BE.

Thanks for all replies

·
Registered
293 Posts
Buy a Zowie EC 1 eVo. Almost the same shape as the deathadder (but more comfortable if you ask me), and it weights about 10% less = less strain on the wrist. Also, the side-buttons have a much better placement, I can't use the deathadder without touching the buttons with my thumb.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlAltel1te View Post

Spinning issue has been resolved with latest firmware update, I dont know of any other major flaws at the moment.
So Makav3li what are the other issues?
If you read around on the forums you'll notice people complaining about a "smoothing" feature. The dpi steps they implemented on the new version are probably interpolated so they could win the pointless optical dpi crown. I would stick with the lower native dpi on the old version. That's just my opinion.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makav3li View Post

If you read around on the forums you'll notice people complaining about a "smoothing" feature. The dpi steps they implemented on the new version are probably interpolated so they could win the pointless optical dpi crown. I would stick with the lower native dpi on the old version. That's just my opinion.
Thank you! I see that in bst's gaming mouse thread.

I'm hoping that this will be addressed by Razer because I wanted a D.A. 4G:
http://www.overclock.net/t/1240739/bsts-gaming-mouse/700#post_19406295

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
was hoping to get DA 2013 because I read on the forum here a review said they upgrade the switches so no double click issues which is good because I am on the move so RMA is very difficult.

·
Mouse reviewer
3,097 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rimmer View Post

Deathadders are heavy as bricks. For FPS gaming you want light mice.
To be fair, the DA is more of a middle weight mouse, there are much heavier mice out there. And although I agree that light mice are better in general the DA was always fine for me. It's in the "ok" class in terms of weight IMO.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts