Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So im in the market for a new MP3 player. I'll be using HD 202's and HD 280 PRO's with it. I need something with Wifi and 16GB minimum. I've lined up the following 3-

ZUNE HD 16GB

ARCHOS 7 Internet Tablet 320GB

Ipod Touch 16GB 2ed GEN

the ZUNE HD is what im really leaning towards. i can get a 16GB model for $225 CDN brand new. It has wifi which i like and supports flac.

the archos 7 is really cool and its for internet which i like, but the price is just killer. i'd only get it if the other 2 are out of stock or something.

the Ipod touch is my last resort. lol

which one do you think is right?

·
Registered
785 Posts
+1 for the zune. I have a 4gb that I got with a car fm kit and a bunch of other stuff for 50 bucks and I really like it.

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
ZUNE HD! No questions! Beautiful Hardware, even BETTER SOFTWARE!

·
Lep
1,384 Posts
I myself am looking at s:flo2, currently only pre-orders available. Do check it out, very good DAC section.

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by king_play334 View Post
the ZUNE HD is what im really leaning towards. i can get a 16GB model for $225 CDN brand new. It has wifi which i like and supports flac.
Actually, the Zune HD does not support FLAC; it supports WMA lossless however.

I think the Zune HD is the best pick if you're more interested in media playback than apps.

·
Premium Member
10,655 Posts
Does the new Zune have a like out? the iTouch supports Apple Lossless, which is equal to FLAC in SQ and the touch has a line out via a LOD which you can use with an external amp.

·
Premium Member
891 Posts
If you're gonna be using cans like that, for the best SQ you'll need an amp. I have a Zune HD and it is an awesome PMP, but it has been established that a LOD (line out) cable is impossible to make for it. I'd get a good set of earbuds, the Klipsch Image S4 sound pretty good coming out of it, as do the Sony MDR-EX300.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts