Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all.
I'm thinking about getting a new case since my current one isnt that roomy and it has quiet a few cons and the pros (is there any) dont out wieght the cons, sooo what would you guys recommend? I'm thinking about a HAF 932.

I'm looking for one thats under $300, less than $250 would be best.
Could you please look at this website.... pricespy.co.nz as I live in new zealand or just throw a name out there and I'll see if I can find it in this limited supply country.

Thanks!

·
Registered
407 Posts
Cooler Master HAF 932, just got mine today, amazing!

I'll elaborate a bit.

A lot of holes for cable management.
I came from a midtower and it was much much easier to work in.
Big but not very many fans. Good thing for me because I hate molex, (clutters), and only have a few fan pins on my mobo. These can also be replaced by multiple 120mm fans.
Four front USB ports, firewire, and esata.
Comes with wheels if you want them, and if you don't want any legs, they are really easy to take off.

These are some of the major improvements I noticed over my Tempest, not to make that case look bad, it is a good case, this is just better.

·
Premium Member
5,772 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by T3hFurious1
View Post

this looks like good choice!

·
Mr.4way SLI
5,525 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:

Originally Posted by petertrinh
View Post

I am a big fan of the p183. Great quality cable management and simple exterior.

http://pricespy.co.nz/search.php?query=p183

Does look like great cable management but the outside is too plain for me.
Thanks though!

Quote:

Originally Posted by T3hFurious1
View Post

Okay thanks. I'm planning on getting a Corsair TX750 at the same time as well.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Mr.4way SLI
5,525 Posts
LOL i did not see you are from New Zealand. Though im sure you can find it there.

·
Registered
208 Posts
What are you looking for in a case exactly?
Is just being large/roomy inside?
Easy cable management behind the motherboard?
Easy dust filters / cleaning?
How many PCI slots are acceptable - 7, 8, 10?
Maximum Airflow or best cooling?
Looks awesome?
Pull down motherboard tray?

I know it's a lot of questions, but the answers will certainly help you rule out one case vs. another case.

Fairly common recommendations:
Full tower:
HAF 932
Antech 1200

Mid Tower:
Lian Li / Lancool Dragonlord PC-K62 (PC-K60 for less flash/price) or Lian Li PC-P50
CM Storm Scout
Antec 902
HAF 922

Personally, I went with the Dragonlord since it had 8 ( tool-less vs. most other cases 7 normal) PCI slots that actually work well, pretty decent filters over every intake *, good cable management, and it looks cool. It has not pulldown mobo tray, but it does have a hole for easy swapping of CPU cooling solutions.

* the vented PCI slot covers are a bit silly with a negative pressure case as they can let dust in. So need to cover the ones not used or put in normal unslotted covers... or add more intake fans

The only downside is that it might not cool as well as the others because it lacks side fans. You can buy doors with side fans, but I can't find them in the US - Germany has them, maybe you can get them as well.

Most people that have the case say their system runs cooler than their previous case anyways, since its design is mostly very well done. Just could use a little more intake fans imo. I wish I could compare temps vs. the other cases, but I don't have any of them.

Side note: the case seems expensive on that site, though here in the US it's actually cheaper than the Antec 902 and Storm Scout, or at least very close.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Quote:

Originally Posted by oni5115
View Post

what are you looking for in a case exactly?
Is just being large/roomy inside?
yes something like the haf 932, something that can fit big coolers or big graphics cards.
easy cable management behind the motherboard?
yes that is one main thing i am looking for, also a bottom mounted psu.
easy dust filters / cleaning?
not so much the dust filters? My case atm doesn't get that dirty either.
how many pci slots are acceptable - 7, 8, 10?
enough lol. I'm looking for a full tower.
maximum airflow or best cooling?
wouldn't those both be the same sorta? But awesome cooling is good.
looks awesome?
not something plain and flat, side window or mesh, led fans?
pull down motherboard tray?
no, i have a pull down motherboard tray now, its completely useless you can't pull the tray down with the big mugen 2 installed so whats the point lol.

:d:d

1 - 12 of 12 Posts