Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right....here is the deal.

I ordered 1gb of Geil PC4400 Platinum ram 3 days ago from a website, and as yet they still havn't even processed my order. I have phoned them 3 times, emailed them numerous times and still nothing.

I really want some new ram NOW and am considering cancelling my order.

My question is, should i..

A) carry on waiting, and hope that the order will go out soon. I cant order from anywhere else as all other places are about £50 more expensive.

B) Cancel my order, and get a realy decent 512mb stick of something like this AData Vitesta PC4800 512mb
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Finally managed to speak to their customer services dept after waiting 1hr 30mins in a 'queue' which i was continuously disconnected from, and they have said that it should be with me tomorrow....do i hold out much hope...no!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
770 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by xms

Finally managed to speak to their customer services dept after waiting 1hr 30mins in a 'queue' which i was continuously disconnected from, and they have said that it should be with me tomorrow....do i hold out much hope...no!

hold out!!!

Only reason is because i need you to tell me how good it is lol before I order some... Where did you order it from and how much?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:


Originally Posted by DaGuv

hold out!!!

Only reason is because i need you to tell me how good it is lol before I order some... Where did you order it from and how much?


£176.19 from overclockers.co.uk

Other places are > £200!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
770 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by xms

£176.19 from overclockers.co.uk

Other places are > £200!!

Bugger, thats where i was gonna get it from. Havn't you had trouble with them before with mail order? I guess i'll have to drive there and buy it in person
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:


Originally Posted by DaGuv

Bugger, thats where i was gonna get it from. Havn't you had trouble with them before with mail order? I guess i'll have to drive there and buy it in person


Yeah. I had trouble the past 4 times i've ordered from them. I'm sick of them - and they are sick of me.

..Anyway, every time they c0ck up, i either reject the goods and they loose out on my money, or i demand a refund on my shipping (which is what i've done the past 2 times)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,572 Posts
I have never had any trouble with Overclockers UK...

I think my whole AMD64 RIG was purchased through them... I definetley remember buying the DFI mobo and Tagan PSU because they were both on offer.

Got them next day since I ordered before 2PM and they were both instock.

But yeah if and when you get the RAM let use know what its like because im after some ram that can do over 275MHz... I would really like some RAM that can run at 300MHz or more.

My CPU can do above 300MHz so I really really want fast RAM that will work in 1:1.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:


Originally Posted by DeaDLocK

I have never had any trouble with Overclockers UK...

I think my whole AMD64 RIG was purchased through them... I definetley remember buying the DFI mobo and Tagan PSU because they were both on offer.

Got them next day since I ordered before 2PM and they were both instock.

But yeah if and when you get the RAM let use know what its like because im after some ram that can do over 275MHz... I would really like some RAM that can run at 300MHz or more.

My CPU can do above 300MHz so I really really want fast RAM that will work in 1:1.


Yep i'll keep you all posted. I'm really hoping for 300mhz + as i can get there on a multiplier at the moment. If i cant, i might return it, and get a 512mb stick of that a-data stuff, and then get another stick next month...
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top