Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an neat mod in mind, but to do it safely I need to pull the motor/bearing assembly off the frame. I already took the fan hub off.

The only way I see that it goes on/off is that there are 4 pin looking things next to where you take the clip off the fan shaft. I can post a picture if it will help you guys help me.

I searched all over and can't find out how to do it. And I have a bunch of these fans so if I have to sacrifice one I can but would rather not destroy my limited edition fan, these are the 2150 rpm version

Thanks in advance for any help

Edit here is a picture of the pins I think can remove it.

Edit 2: I got away without taking off the motor, I just taped it up like you would to paint it. But I was able to easily do what I wanted. Here's a teaser pic of my goal.

Anyone know where to get more of those dam clips for the gt fans??. They are so thin and weak I bent both removing them. I have 6 total to do

EDIT 3: here is the above shroud before with normal 120mm fan frames. Now obsolete, I will be making one with 6 fans instead of 2 for a 400mm radiator

·
Registered
280 Posts
Check out this thread about disassembly. I couldn't find the how-to on OCN, but that one has a good couple links. As far as the clips, they should have them at the local hardware store I think.

·
Premium Member
3,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the advice, but I already have them broken down to that stage. As you can see in the pictures. I actually pulled that thread up when doing my search before making this thread.

But I think I have what I need. I still cant take the whole motor assembly off, but I can just tape it up as if I was going to paint it. Hell I might even put a coat on them while I have them apart.

As far as the pins I will try and source them at a local hardware store, does anyone happen to know what they are called?? I will bring one down with me but would be nice to walk in there knowing what I need lol
tongue.gif

1 - 3 of 3 Posts