Looking for 4Mbps<br>
Not the rich man on the earth.<br>
Live in appleton Wi, 54915 area code 920<br><br>
Please help<br>
Thanks to all in advance.

·
OVERCLOCK IT OR DIE
7,332 Posts
Good luck with that, I finally got a 7.5Mbps Down / 1.5Mbps Up for $65 a month. So far I'm happy with it. Only me and a few friends use it though. It was through Cox Media.

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bump.<br />
please help.

·
Banned
5,663 Posts
don't think you are gonna beable to find that for anything cheap.... Most residential ISP's are like 3 mbps up max and that is for a really good one.

·
I might have tacos tonite
22,339 Posts
you won't be able to get that unless there is fiber in your neighbourhood. almost nowere in the usa will have an upload that high for home users

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
That upload is very high. I don't know of anyone who offers it. perhaps fiberwire?

·
Premium Member
5,145 Posts
Go to your local college mate. I went there uploaded an 200MB file in like 5min. They got teh f1b3r!

·
Premium Member
17,110 Posts
A service like that will cost 1000$/month or so...<br>
=O

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Check out <a href="http://www.verizonfios.com" target="_blank">http://www.verizonfios.com</a> and see if that is available.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
oi. standard upload is ~10% of your download speed. in MO i pay $65/mo for 5000/500. 4 mb upload is like 2 1/2 T-1 lines upload. Suggest if you want to run a server, you just rent something from a local datacenter or search for a nice datacenter online which has the available bandwidth.

·
Premium Member
5,573 Posts
IF you were right next door to the telco's POP (Point of presence) you might be able to get Syncronous 4-6Mbit/sec DSL service for about 150$. You have to have a telco guy come out and "ping" your line to determine how far you are from the POP first.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts