Overclock.net banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I need a new gaming mouse, and I have narrowed it down to these mice. The razer imperator, the steelseries sensei, the Logitech g9x, and the feenix nascita. What is your guy's opinions?

·
Registered
601 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferdowsi View Post

So I need a new gaming mouse, and I have narrowed it down to these mice. The razer imperator, the steelseries sensei, the Logitech g9x, and the feenix nascita. What is your guy's opinions?
my opinion would be leave the laser mice and get a good optical mouse with no acceleration that the laser mice have.
BUT if you have to choice over the mice you mentioned dont pick the sensei coating is rubbish when you have sweaty hands in summer, feenix nascita way to heavy Razr imperator nah razr stuff break to easily I would say get the logitech g9x.

·
Registered
677 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Quote:

What is a good optical mouse?
first answer some questions,

then we can give you proper advise,

Originally Posted by F u r u y á
1. What's your grip style?

2. What's your sensitivity?

3. What's your maximum budget?

4. Do you want additional buttons?

5. What games do you play?

6. Do you mind about prediction?

7. Other relevant information:
Input anything else you want.
some examples: LOD, ambidextrous shape, weight, wireless, non-braided cord, glossy finish, button activation force, driverless, onboard memory, etc

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
1. Claw/fingertip grip

2. I like a sensitive mouse (min of 3400 dpi)

3. budget is around 120

4. Button layout isnt a big deal, but obviously a plus

5. I play Sc2 and League of legends mainly, but I occasionally play FPSs

6. I do not like prediction all that much.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Do you mean acceleration as prediction?

·
Registered
601 Posts
Quote:

1. Claw/fingertip grip

2. I like a sensitive mouse (min of 3400 dpi)

3. budget is around 120

4. Button layout isnt a big deal, but obviously a plus

5. I play Sc2 and League of legends mainly, but I occasionally play FPSs

6. I do not like prediction all that much.
How big are you hands if you have medium hands have a look at the roccat savu, its an optical sensor wich performs really well on all dpi settings and has no acceleration.
If you would prefer accleration get the logitech g9x now you can still buy them, its a mouse shaped for claw grip style of play.

Other mice I recommended for a claw grip style are the cm storm spawn, or if you have bigger hands you can also claw the razer deathadder or the logitech g400.

Mouse Acceleration explained:
Mouse acceleration describes the relationship between physical movement of the mouse and on-screen movement of the cursor.
With mouse acceleration off the cursor will always move the same distance regardless of the speed at which the mouse is moved.
With mouse acceleration on the cursor will move further when the mouse is moved at a faster pace.
Mouse acceleration is a highly personal settings for many gamers, some prefer it on and some prefer it off.
Some mice have the option to enable or disable it in there software, even if you disable it you still will have acceleration its common with the sensor used in laser mice (avago 9500, avago 9800). Optical mice use the avago 3090 or 3060 wich has no acceleration native wise.

So from a gamer point of view, its easier to learn or aim better when you only have to consider the distance you move youre mouse then rather consider the distance and the speed you move youre mouse. Acceleration is a preference, but I really dont get why you would even want it from my competitive gaming view.
It would take way longer to adjust to and then even is inreliable when you make twitch/flick shots.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.