Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys I'm new at this oc and my pc is outdated... I would love to oc my cpu more I just increased the fsb to 400 and its cocking at 3.6ghz now....I wanna oc the cpu to 4.0ghz and my ram to 1600mhz
My rig...

P5g41t-m asus mobo
Core 2 quad q9650
zalman 10xcpns cooler
2x4gb Ddr3 133mhz
palit gtx 460 super sonic platinum 1gb
ssd cortex 128gb (os win7 x64bit
Raidmax 730watt psu
Coolermaster cm690ii nvidia advanced edition
I hope use can get the time to teach me:)

·
Registered
8 Posts
That cpu will easily hit 4 GHz just make sure you have good cooling cos that will heat up fast with 4GHz as for the ram im not to sure you can have a go but in all honesty you'd be best off buying 1600 MHz ram rather than OC'ing

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok so I will buy 1600mhz ram and the zalman is a good cooler my temps for the most on idle is 32 on idle ( depending on the weather) and loading it hits 47 degrees...Can I just change the fsb and it will oc to 4ghz? Or must I tweak the voltage and other stuff?? F.y.i I don't even know how to tweak the voltage lol

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
oh lol:)
I just oc'd it to 3.8ghz just buy increasing the fsb a bit
idle temps 38,23,32,39
Loading temps are 51,43,50,49
When I tried to raise the fsb to 445 and it didn't go higher...I know I'm missing something but just don't know what:(

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
Have you tried increasing the north bridge voltage? It helps a lot. Keep load core temps under 75°C.

what CPU voltage are you running on that over clock?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
now you see buddy I don't know how to change the voltage:/...Its still on default voltage:(...And when I raise the fsb my ram frequency decreases..Its standard 1333mhz but last night it changed to 800mhz:(...The only thing in the bios I tamper with is the fsb coz I don't know what's going on there:/

·
Senior OCN Member
40,950 Posts
Sory to tell you this but stop what you are doing at once and replace your PSU before you fry your PC if not your house

That Raidmax PSU needs to be replaced and to die ASAP

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by creamboslice View Post

lol what's wrong with Raidmax?? Is it that crap?
Then what psu must I get? Gx 650? corsair gs650?
Yes, it's absolute crap and will most likely take out some other hardware with it when it dies (which, it will. You can be certain of that).

Check the link in my sig for a good PSU.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Eish!! Ok buddy I will change that kak psu and get me a better one but the price of good psu's is so high in south africa:/ will check ebay or something

·
Senior OCN Member
40,950 Posts
Please list what you can find so you dont overspend

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ok but back to oc'n my cpu...Fsb strap to north bridge..Auto? F*ck man this is giving me a headache! Isn't there a guy with the same board as me that oc'd his cpu??

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shilka View Post

Sory to tell you this but stop what you are doing at once and replace your PSU before you fry your PC if not your house

That Raidmax PSU needs to be replaced and to die ASAP
Seriously, listen to Shilka. If Shilka says "stop and don't start until you've replaced the PSU" you should stop and go PSU shopping! Heed the advice given.
teaching.gif

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
lol ok!!!
smile.gif
I shalt listen to shika! the wise words reaches my ears sir! Lol...By friday I will have the list and post it ok?
smile.gif

·
Senior OCN Member
40,950 Posts
The Raidmax Hybrid 2 is one of the least good units Andyson has ever shot out of their factory and thats saying alot when its Andyson we are talking about

No dont use it anymore its a turd and it could very well die at any second if you start pushing it

Dont take the risk its cheaper to replace one PSU then it is to replace everything in the PC because the PSU has killed it

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
you know a lot about this hay?? I shall call you shilka the wise:)...Ok by friday I will sell it and buy a new one...My friend want to trade his i7 940 for my cm 690 chassis...Keep in mind I am using atm my cm stryker:)... is it a heads up for the trade?...if I take it where will I get a 1366 motherboard?? I hear its easier to find a girl with blonde eyes and blue hair (lol) than the 1366 mobo..Any suggestions?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts