Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Old Timer
4,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, this is my first time overclocking a AMD system, so some things confuse me a little. I am running at 2.6 GHz with a 10x multi and 260 MHz FSB. My HTT Multi is 4. I remember hearing that you want to keep the HTT as close to 1 GHz as possible, is that correct? Anyway, what I am trying to say is "what setting should I run my HTT at?"

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
Well for 260FSB, x4 is fine. If you want to go higher, should probably drop it down to x3.

·
Premium Member
45,674 Posts
What Yiffy said!
1040-1080< is the instability zone.

·
Premium Member
10,655 Posts
if your board is running stable w/ your htt multi at 4 then that's great. most boards will now work if the htt goes over 1000

as a general
200 x 5
< 250 x 4
< 330 x 3

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Its a setting that can be played with....you want it as close to 1,000 as possible, but if you come across instability, you can just decrease the multi.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Ok in my thread you guys say it doesn't matter just make sure it's stable and in this one you guys are saying get it as close to 1000 as possible.

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by internal

Ok in my thread you guys say it doesn't matter just make sure it's stable and in this one you guys are saying get it as close to 1000 as possible.

It varries from motherboard to motherboard what the maximum HTT frequency you can run is. Just as a general rule of thumb it's best to keep it around 1000 just to avoid instability. The HTT bus does very little, so overclocking it a great deal does next to nothing for performance, so it's better to just play it safe and underclock it if you have to in order to maintain stability than bother overclocking it.

·
Premium Member
2,402 Posts
For what it's worth I'll add an example:

My DFI tops out at 270ish when I lower the HTT mult. Leave it on auto, it goes up to 330+ (never quite pinned it down...). Strangeness, I know. DFI is strangeness...

But for most motherboards it's fairly logical. Might as well cut to the chase and drop it to 2x.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts