Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i wanna know how i should go about o/cing my system.
i read up on it and i kinda understand the basics but i wanna hear some feedback from someone who knows what ther talking about.

what should i use to do it?
how far should i go? let me know..

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
What have you tried yet? Have you entered into bios to look around? You need to get familiar with your bios settings and make some small adjustments torward oc'ing. Try raising your fsb in small increments, check stability, then do it again. We can't lead you through every step, you have to jus try it.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aqualan

What have you tried yet? Have you entered into bios to look around?

ya iv looked around but im just not sure exactly what do to.
my cpus fbs is 133 and my ram is set to 400.
ive tried uping it for my cpu by like 5 or so but iv never actualy saved it cuz i get a red message telling me if i do somehting wrong (im @ skewl right now so im not possitive) with my ram ill mess it up, and its my only comp so i dont want that.
it also automaticly changes my ram fsb, is this norm?
and do i have enough power with a 450W?

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
You are fine with the powersupply. Go ahead and raise the fsb small amounts. If it locks, you can clear the cmos and start over. You will probably have to open the advanced settings in bios(ctrl+F1) and change your divider from auto to 2.0.

·
Registered
2 Posts
...hi folks! don't want to muscle in on s7raker, but i'm about at the same stage and all ears too...'cept i have an older system. are there any stickies on site that do a basic runthrough about voltages etc.? got to about 3.2 on my 2.8 and started getting reboots under stess. any pointers Aqualan would be appreciated.
by the way, i added system spec to profile but doesn't appear on post!

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
hi mates. welcome to the club. first of i would suggest that you read first the FAQ sections. it really will give u a more detailed and step by step instructions on what to do and how to do it. if its not clear or if u have more questions, come back here and we will help u sort it out.

btw, welcome again.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Try to lower ur ram timings. If u cant boot then lower frequency of ram then try again. Good luck!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts