Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, how should I say this, I'm not the smartest person in the world and the intel overclocking fourms didn't help me understand how to overclock my CPU. I have a P4 3.0GHz (the one that gets hot). The problem is I have a Dell 4700 PC so I have no clue how to overclock with Dells AO5 BIOS. Please help me overclock my CPU, thanks in advance!

·
Banned
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by steveo42024

You cant overclock if you have a dell or intel motherboard

Wow, you sure???? If so thats really really dumb! Theres no way to work around this?

·
Banned
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Yep get a new mobo. The fsb is locked in your motherboard and thats the only way to overclock an intel. Sorry man

Any idea of what mobo I should get? And how much would it cost? Also, would it fit in my damn Dell 4700?

·
Premium Member
3,804 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by spookedjunglist

best recomendation would be abit IC7 or the DFI lanparty 875b

but you may be able to overclock a lil bit with Clockgen

goto www.cpuid.com and download clockgen and figure out which intel motherboard you have and give it a go

Might as well just get a new mobo. I tried those on my intel and doesnt do a whole lot.

·
Banned
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wow, acording to that program my Memory speed is only 200MHz, funny in my DELL BIOS it sais 400MHz, whats that all about?

·
Banned
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Quote:

If you can get all your money back then id do it. If not just get a new mobo and then you can oc.

Aight thank you for the help, in the future I will stay away from dells and just build my pc..

·
Banned
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Wow, funny thing I'v just read, apparently dell mobos are glued to the box!!! I wana sell this piece of allalallalalallalalallalal.

·
Banned
2,956 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Superchicken

Wow, funny thing I'v just read, apparently dell mobos are glued to the box!!! I wana sell this piece of allalallalalallalalallalal.

im not sure but that does sound typical... i hate my dell. build your own, its the best thing you could ever do! thats what i did and now everything is great! btw dont ask dell for customer support cuz its in india so unless you speak hini you just cant understand the bas i wont finish that word. but yes i f you can get ur money back sell ur dell, if not rip everything out of it and put it in a new case with a new motherboard like this one cheers dude

·
Banned
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
lmao, Indian, sucks, I hope that the board really isn't glued, they guy who posted it couldn't spell anything right, also will this motherboard that you posted fit in my dell 4700 box? Thanks alot!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts