Overclock.net banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
AS5 has a curing time so i dont know if ocz freeze does but if it doesnt get that. I use AS5 as i can get it right here at frys for $8 and i am set.

• Rep+
Reactions: ps-gunkie

·
Premium Member
4,775 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ps-gunkie
View Post

Well I'm not looking for the best thermal paste, that would probably be IC7 or MX3, I just have 3 options, but thanks everyone for the suggestions, I think I'll go with OCZ Freeze then

In that case OCZ Freeze for sure. I have heard the Noctua paste is amazing as well, but nobody here has really done any testing with it. Maybe try it out for us?

• Rep+
Reactions: ps-gunkie

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by slothfish
View Post

In that case OCZ Freeze for sure. I have heard the Noctua paste is amazing as well, but nobody here has really done any testing with it. Maybe try it out for us?

Well if I go by price, AS5 is the cheapest (€5), while OCZ Freeze is €6,90 and the NT-H1 (what kind of a name is that anyway?) costs the most (€7,90). I will however pick up both the OCZ Freeze and the Noctua NT-H1, and do a 3-way test by adding in the rest of my AS5, hope to see some interesting results
. Hopefully I'll have my 35 reps soon so I can sell the failing TIM or I might as well give it away as a freebie, dunno

Anyway, off to make my order now, thanks everyone, reps are being handed out after the call I think XD.

·
Premium Member
4,775 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ps-gunkie
View Post

Well if I go by price, AS5 is the cheapest (€5), while OCZ Freeze is €6,90 and the NT-H1 (what kind of a name is that anyway?) costs the most (€7,90). I will however pick up both the OCZ Freeze and the Noctua NT-H1, and do a 3-way test by adding in the rest of my AS5, hope to see some interesting results
. Hopefully I'll have my 35 reps soon so I can sell the failing TIM or I might as well give it away as a freebie, dunno

Anyway, off to make my order now, thanks everyone, reps are being handed out after the call I think XD.

Sweet man, I'm curious to see how it performs!

·
Premium Member
4,530 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by slothfish
View Post

I used the Noctua and OCZ Freeze, and the OCZ Freeze beats it by a few degrees.
http://www.overclock.net/5476529-post10.html

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.