Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the fastest and most reliable amd processor for a gaming computer that is under 170? the less money the better. so leave all suggestions please/

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by YiffyGriffy

Now I could see a 3.4 550 beating the 3000 in games.... but a 2.8? I mean c'mon...

I hate to quote myself but....
Quote:

Originally Posted by shermstix

In what?? Slowness??
The P4 520 will have the upperhand in Video Editing, Multitasking and Office Apps. The A64 will be better in games.

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
Well excuse me for missing that Mr. Edited post
But one must wonder why you posted it anyway since he said he was looking for a gaming machine anyway

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Quote:

Well excuse me for missing that Mr. Edited post
But one must wonder why you posted it anyway since he said he was looking for a gaming machine anyway

I guess the 2~3 extra FPS you would get from a A64 outweighs the awesome ability of hyperthreading for you. I was just giving some options. I like Democracy, choices are part of what makes free enterprise great.

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
More like 20-30fps difference and your chip was overbudget whereas mine was underbudget
Hyper-threading... lol what a waste, lemme tell you how much I want my processor running at 80% capacity all the time

·
Banned
8,062 Posts
Hyper Threading.. It only makes your computer slower. It makes it "unbelieavable" with programs specifically designed for it, but sucks with everything else.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Quote:

More like 20-30fps difference and your chip was overbudget whereas mine was underbudget
Hyper-threading... lol what a waste, lemme tell you how much I want my processor running at 80% capacity all the time

$159 over budget?? 20~30 frames...In what Quake 3?? I doubt that anyone cares if they get 430FPS or 450FPS.......And I guess that Hyperthreading is a waste if you only use one app at a time.... Anyway, options, options.....

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
I love it when people give the 350-380fps argument. It's not about total fps, it's about having the processing power to prevent slowdowns
Well, again he said gaming... and I have yet to see anyone play a game and actively edit a photo in Photoshop or some other form of demanding multitasking whilst gaming

1 - 20 of 87 Posts