Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought a 8800 gts 320 and a 320 gb hard drive. everything was alright but then my mouse wasnt working but my keyboard was so i pulled it off ( the mouse ) from the mobo then all of a sudden my pc just turned off! now i cant turn it on, there is a little bulb light on my mobo which usually lights up constantly, now it is blinking im so lost and scared for my parts please help me? how can i fix this thanks

·
Premium Member
9,786 Posts
The blinking light usually means you have a grounding problem

I advise that you look for anything metal that is touching the case (this will cause the mobo to short and not start)

If that doesn't work, take everything apart and put it back together again. That may fix it.

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
The light tells you that you're getting constant power from the PSU. You may have a bad PSU or it's not powerful enough to handle the 8800...

Just a thought.

• Rep+
Reactions: patrick m

·
Power Squid
9,609 Posts
Make sure you check all power connectors aswell, its possible that they may have loosened, especially if you removed the mouse with some force.

·
Premium Member
9,786 Posts
How did it work?

How many amps do you have on the +12V rail on the PSU?

EDIT: By the info in the rep i got. Sounds like the PSU cannot handle the card dude.

Invest in a new PSU. Tell us a budget and we can find one for you

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
im so happy and scared for my card i have a hec 550 i dont know how much power that bloke has :| i took off the battery and the card then my motherboard ( when i pressed power ) powered on! now do i try to put back my card?

·
Premium Member
9,786 Posts
Yes, and if it does the same thing again we can eliminate grounding and know for sure that the PSU is not strong enough.

EDIT: This your PSU? If so it only has 18A on the 12V rail. Not enough to power a 8800 card sorry buddy

Will need to invest in something a bit more powerful.

·
Banned
715 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by IcedEarth
View Post

Yes, and if it does the same thing again we can eliminate grounding and know for sure that the PSU is not strong enough.

no because if it does the same thing again it may catch fire. get a new psu first. do you want to fry your rig?

·
Power Squid
9,609 Posts
The 8800 series has a speaker built onto the PCB of the card that lets out a whine if the card isn't receiveing enough power.

·
Premium Member
9,786 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sreenath
View Post

no because if it does the same thing again it may catch fire. get a new psu first. do you want to fry your rig?

Nope, he is only putting the card in and seeing if the light flashes. This will no way incur a fire. It will just tell him the PSU isn't strong enough.

However look at my post above. The PSU only has 18A on the 12V rail, not enough to power the card anyways

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Guys thanks for all your outputs when im done with setting up my raid i promise to give you all credit to where credit is due im working on my raid right now thank you agian

1 - 20 of 21 Posts