Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was playing BFBC2 and...as i said in the video the lines where quite pixelated so what could this mean?

If i can rule out it being a GPU issue i am pretty sure i could pinpoint what it is

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,803 Posts
you tried each GPU individually? Looks GPU to me. Try popping out the 4870, check the 4890 is k. run OCCT GPU for 1 hour if it's good, repeat with the 4870, if they are good try another game a GPU eater like Crysis or something. Then try the game again, if this only happens with BC2, try re-intalling the game or googling ati crashing in BC2
hope this helped


EDIT: put your avatar to what it was before rewind labs lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fear of Oneself View Post
you tried each GPU individually? Looks GPU to me. Try popping out the 4870, check the 4890 is k. run OCCT GPU for 1 hour if it's good, repeat with the 4870, if they are good try another game a GPU eater like Crysis or something. Then try the game again, if this only happens with BC2, try re-intalling the game or googling ati crashing in BC2
hope this helped


EDIT: put your avatar to what it was before rewind labs lol
Well this is the first time i have ever seen this happen

It might have been one of my GPU's as i was editing my clocks mid game and for some reason MSI Afterburner will sometimes set my gpu fans to low and it may have done that and thus the system crashed

I couldn't hear the fans quiet down as you can see my rigs in my closet on the other side of the wall

I will be sure to run some Furmark soon though but i am pretty positive the aforementioned is what happened

As for my avatar which one?

If you mean the rather cute busty asian one then the mods forced me to remove it which is rather asinine when compared to most of the avatars users are allowed to have up here
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,803 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rewindlabs View Post
Well this is the first time i have ever seen this happen

It might have been one of my GPU's as i was editing my clocks mid game and for some reason MSI Afterburner will sometimes set my gpu fans to low and it may have done that and thus the system crashed

I couldn't hear the fans quiet down as you can see my rigs in my closet on the other side of the wall

I will be sure to run some Furmark soon though but i am pretty positive the aforementioned is what happened

As for my avatar which one?

If you mean the rather cute busty asian one then the mods forced me to remove it which is rather asinine when compared to most of the avatars users are allowed to have up here

MSI afterburner has two settings, fixed and user defined. i always keep it on user difined, that's when you make a line on a pre-made graph with your mouse with temp/fan speed on the axis, that's what i keep it on. So when i hardcore game, drawing 100% gpu usage the card is slightly audible (i like to think of it as supercharger whine) and at the menu or something it drops back to silent. make sure you have it so it's fixed at like 90% or do user define.

good idea

and i remember a while back i asked you for this link:
http://images.google.com/images?hl=e...Mvn97bgI&gbv=2
the one at the bottom right i think it was, or something like that at least, yea use that nope not there anymore, i just saved the webpage when i PMed you like 2 months ago, guess it changes when i re-open it
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fear of Oneself View Post
MSI afterburner has two settings, fixed and user defined. i always keep it on user difined, that's when you make a line on a pre-made graph with your mouse with temp/fan speed on the axis, that's what i keep it on. So when i hardcore game, drawing 100% gpu usage the card is slightly audible (i like to think of it as supercharger whine) and at the menu or something it drops back to silent. make sure you have it so it's fixed at like 90% or do user define.

good idea

and i remember a while back i asked you for this link:
http://images.google.com/images?hl=e...Mvn97bgI&gbv=2
the one at the bottom right i think it was, or something like that at least, yea use that nope not there anymore, i just saved the webpage when i PMed you like 2 months ago, guess it changes when i re-open it

Yea they made me remove her
i would still have that one up if i could

I usually run my cards at 80% or higher when gaming so i am pretty sure it was Afterburners fault and my GPU fan was set too low...il try the game out later and see what happens

Here is the avatar you where thinking of
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,803 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by Rewindlabs
View Post

Yea they made me remove her
i would still have that one up if i could

I usually run my cards at 80% or higher when gaming so i am pretty sure it was Afterburners fault and my GPU fan was set too low...il try the game out later and see what happens

Here is the avatar you where thinking of

lol THAT's the money
 
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Top