Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, after 3-4 years with the Logitech G9-G9x I finally moving on.
My grip is some kind of palm-claw hybrid.
In the last few weeks I tried the Razer Imperator and the Steelseries Rival.
Both were fitting my hand like glove, BUT I felt like my hand is crippled and limited holding those mouses. It was hard for me controlling the cursor with those mouses... Maybe because they force you into a full palm-grip.
Anyways - At work I got an old Intellimouse 1.1 and it feels great. Easy to control, easy to move around.
I'm going to try the Steelseries Sensei which I hope will put an end to this mouse-searching quest.
What do you guys thing?

I'm so tired of trying new mouses that I even took few pictures of my grip, maybe you guys would be able to help me better this way:

Bottom Line:

Liked:
G9
Intellimouse

Didn't like:
Rival
Imperator

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Despite looking similar, the Sensei is not the same shape as the IMO. Be aware of that before you buy it. In my experience (Kinzu V2/Kana), SS mice come with horrible mouse feet too.

Why don't you stick with your old mice?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's totally broken and Logitech said they can't replace it cause they don't manufacture it anymore,
so they gave me a G502, which I sold cause I didn't like it.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Look into the Zowie ZA series. The G9x is my favorite shape and I have a claw/palm hybrid and I like the ZA line quite a bit. Though one of the things I liked about the G9x was how the butt contacts a lot of your (upper) palm which the ZA series does, so if you didn't care for that aspect of the G9x then never mind.

·
Registered
924 Posts
I get what you mean feeling forced into a palm grip. I used to be a palm gripper in the time of my youth but I guess my hand got bigger and I got lazier and I didn't want to move my whole arm to move the mouse any more. I've had a deathadder for a while which I like and I'm a fingertip gripper so you can see it isn't exactly cramped. Zowie make quite a few good mice in smaller sizes though hard to source in my experience outside of the internet.

I can't stress enough how important it is to go to a big store where they have like 20 mice just stuck to a bench where you can get a feel for the shape of the mouse. No matter what the specs say I'd say by far the most important part of the mouse is the feel in your hand.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The only Zowie's mouse they sell over here is the EC2. I can get EC2 or Sensei for a good price in the next few days.
I tried the Rival and the Imperator, both considered big palm grip mouses and I didnt like them.
Maybe it's time to try something smaller?

·
Owner of 20 SSDs
4,716 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Eventually I got a Steelseries Sensei and it is perfect.
It isn't comfy as the Rival or the good old Ikari, but it feels it really easy to control and I'm very accurate with it.
I learned that Big hands dont mean you have to get a huge ass mouse.
thumb.gif

1 - 11 of 11 Posts