Overclock.net banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Blue and Green Team!
10,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yo guys, Ive been messing with Foobar as an alternative with Itunes. I know how to get the ALAC codec working etc... I just want to get max quality and good looks.

I am just no good setting up these Panel UI theme things. All I want is a good looking theme which shows my current playlist, all my music sorted by Artist and preferably the album art.

Can someone help me?

Like what do I need and how do I set it all up.

·
Blue and Green Team!
10,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mebby View Post

All I did was change the colour of the background and added a few tabs. Works fine for me.
Thats all I really want.

·
Registered
4,472 Posts
Use the quick setup to get it close to how you want it, then just go wild adding in dividers, tabs or whatever the hell you want.

·
Blue and Green Team!
10,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Been playing about with it for a bit and heres what I am happy with now.

All my tracks are easy to get to. It looks smart and I have already added the ALAC codec for my apple lossless tracks.

I couldn't be asked with the album art so I just added in the Spectrum thing which looks funky lol.

The most exciting thing for me is that I can ntoice a different in sound quality!... Its better than iTunes!

Now I am about to add the ASIO support to it, can someone explain to me what this actually does?

·
Registered
4,472 Posts
I have no idea what it does, if you don't why add it? lol

I can tell the diffrence in sound quality between this and Windows media player but compared to VLC, and the Creative media player there isn't really much diffrence in quality.

·
Blue and Green Team!
10,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I beleive ASIO gives direct control over the sound card to the application.

I am using it now.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have a question about Foobar. How do you change the color of the now playing track?

I can't seem to figure it out.

Thanks,
Qualm

1 - 9 of 9 Posts