Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just installed 2x7800gtx XFX XXXedition (490/1300), and now running my system, all is ok. Just run 3dmark05 and result is 11.012: but my feeling is that this nr is quite low compared others results with 7800gtx (mine are 490/1300 as default).
Just for yr info I didn't change anything in bios of motherboard (just SLIbroadcast"auto" instead of disabled) and on nvidia driver just flag "multiplu gpu". Nvidia driver are 81.95
Is it normal ???

I proceed in the right direction or I missed something ? Pls help me since I was thinking to reach at least a nr for 3d05 between 12500 and 13000 having both my gpu alreadt at default at 490/1300..... isn't it ?.
Thank you for reply,

ciao
Andrea
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,655 Posts
since you know that you have 2 gfx cards you might as well just change the bios to dual cards... that way it doesn't have to search first. Also, are you sure that you properly configured the drivers for SLI? you have to check the box and then the comp restarts.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
517 Posts
Try to enable Fast writes\
eads in the bios, as default there all the features that the motherboard offers in order to enhance performance are dibbled, I'd offer you to review you BIOS, looking into my suggestions.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:


Originally Posted by soloz2

since you know that you have 2 gfx cards you might as well just change the bios to dual cards... that way it doesn't have to search first. Also, are you sure that you properly configured the drivers for SLI? you have to check the box and then the comp restarts.

I DIDN'T FIND ANYTHING IN MY DFI BIOS ABT SLI "ENABLE" OR SIMILAR.
ALSO ABT NVIDIA DRIVER, ONLY I FLAG MULTIPLE GPU: SHOPULD I ADJUST SOMETHING ELSE ? NOW ALRADY TWO DAYS, SYSTEM IS STABLE MY AGAIN SAME SCORE...ONLY11.000 AT 3DMARK05,REALLY TOO LOW FOR 2X7800GTX AT 490/1300... .
ANY IDEAS ?
THANK YOU
ANDREA
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
517 Posts
Do you run them using an SLI bridge or using "bridgeless SLI"?,
that can be the reason for the low score, bridgeless SLI dual GPU systems only as half effective as the systems with the bridge.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:


Originally Posted by Hellgy

Do you run them using an SLI bridge or using "bridgeless SLI"?,
that can be the reason for the low score, bridgeless SLI dual GPU systems only as half effective as the systems with the bridge.

sli bridge.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,084 Posts
Did you clear all your old drivers off before installing the new ones? I installed over old drivers and that brought my Aquamark3 score down 13K but once I got rid of all the drivers, installed the ones I wanted again, it was all good.

Try this out.
Good luck.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,095 Posts
run driver cleaner in safe mode
disable sli broadcast aperture (it doesn't do anything for SLI from what I can tell)
change the sli to "dual graphics card rendering" in the driver settings

let us know if that helps.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,654 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by toan67

I have just installed 2x7800gtx XFX XXXedition (490/1300), and now running my system, all is ok. Just run 3dmark05 and result is 11.012: but my feeling is that this nr is quite low compared others results with 7800gtx (mine are 490/1300 as default).
Just for yr info I didn't change anything in bios of motherboard (just SLIbroadcast"auto" instead of disabled) and on nvidia driver just flag "multiplu gpu". Nvidia driver are 81.95
Is it normal ???

I proceed in the right direction or I missed something ? Pls help me since I was thinking to reach at least a nr for 3d05 between 12500 and 13000 having both my gpu alreadt at default at 490/1300..... isn't it ?.
Thank you for reply,

ciao
Andrea



Keep in mind websites often run these tests under "prime" conditions. The best gaming processor, the best ram at perfect timings and good cooling. Try to oc your processor that may be the thing holding back your score than anything else, also try to mess around with timings, or post what you currently have and some one may be able to lead you in the correct direction.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thank you for all yr suggestions.
will try and keep you informed my friends.
ciao !
Andrea
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top