Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys... what am i missing to oc?

i have a good psu (535 watt enermax)
crap ram but thats what dividers are for and my nice dfi mobo....

so only temps are holding me back?

whenever i try to oc... even to around 2.4 my temps go up alot and my system is unstable...

where is the official amd overclocking guide?

·
Registered
133 Posts
This is the Offical AMD Overclocking Guide. It should help you some. Some others with your motherboard should be around shortly. Try making the title of your thread a little more descriptive so people know what you're talking about.

·
Banned
7,110 Posts
A basic overclock consists of Doing a few things in unison

1. Increasing your CPU Clock speed. for example from 200 to 205

2. At some point when your system becomes unstable -Increasing your CPU voltage. for example - from default to + .01

3. At some point when your system becomes unstable -Increasing your Ram DDR voltage By 0.1 increments

4. At some point when your system becomes unstable, it may be due to the fact that your Memory (RAM) timings are too tight.
Your timing is 2.5 337 At some point you may have to loosen them to 3.0 448

SO

Your first step would be to increase your CPU clock speed to.... Lets say 206.

Reboot

If it doesnt reboot Reset the CMOS using the jumper on your Mobo. (Refer to your Mobo manual)

If she reboots the cpu speed will be 9X206 or 1.85 GHZ

Check your temps CORE TEMPS

Repeat this process till your system starts acting funny. then back the CPU clock down a few points till it doesnt act funny anymore..

This is a very basic overclock. as you gain knowledge from these great guys in this forum, you will be able to overclock using many other techniques.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by the_teflon_don

for 2.4 ghz... what voltages will i need?

You just have to test, there is no answer for that question, but I would think your cpu could hit 2.4 with default volts, or maybe 1.45 ?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts