Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! I need help in small upgrading of 2 old laptops for my sister,because they are old and slow. She is using pc only for browsing,youtube,music. I want to upgrade ram and to put ssd instead of hdd.

So the first laptop is this:
Acer Aspire One 725 C6Ckk
I want to put 4gb ram(or 8?) Instead of 2 and to put 250gb sdd.

Second laptop is this:
Asus X52J
Here I want to put 8gb ram instead of 4 and also put 250gb ssd.

I will be buying today from amazon.de and I need links asap please.

Will this ssd be ok ?

https://www.amazon.de/gp/aw/d/B0742BC3DQ/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?__mk_de_DE=ÅMÅZÕÑ&qid=1507934844&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=crucial+bx300&dpPl=1&dpID=51W1o0mG74L&ref=plSrch#nav-search-keywords

And for enclosures will be this ok?

https://www.amazon.de/gp/aw/d/B01N30UNHC/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?__mk_de_DE=ÅMÅZÕÑ&qid=1507935235&sr=8-3&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=laptop+hdd+enclosure&dpPl=1&dpID=41t3cO47ZbL&ref=plSrch

Don't have links for ram...
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anybody?

·
Premium Member
7,159 Posts
Are both these laptops for 1 person?

If so, I wouldn't spend any money on the acer. That laptop is a lost cause. Even if you upgrade it, the laptop would still be pretty slow.

You will have better luck upgrading the asus laptop, but again, you would be spending about ~150 euros on a laptop that isn't worth 50 bucks.

Also, I think the asus laptop is limited to sata 2 speed. Soooooo yeah.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anybody?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjj226 Angel View Post

Are both these laptops for 1 person?

If so, I wouldn't spend any money on the acer. That laptop is a lost cause. Even if you upgrade it, the laptop would still be pretty slow.

You will have better luck upgrading the asus laptop, but again, you would be spending about ~150 euros on a laptop that isn't worth 50 bucks.

Also, I think the asus laptop is limited to sata 2 speed. Soooooo yeah.
Give me links please where I can but this laptop for 50 bucks

·
Overclocking Enthusiast
6,133 Posts
8 for both however the Acer only has 1 ram slot so 4gb might be better.

·
Registered
891 Posts
I don't think that doing these upgrades, ram and an external ssd? for these computers will give you the desired result of smoother internet browsing and basic computer applications.

Honestly your best option might be wiping and putting a light weight version of linux on both of these, the netbook in particular might benefit from this. A free way to breathe new life into old lower end hardware.

·
Overclocking Enthusiast
6,133 Posts
I actually have that netbook and it does run a lot better with an SSD. The original hard drive was junk. Its overclockable too I ran it 1.4 for a while... But yeah Linux would be better for it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts