Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking for some oldschool video card help here. as you can see i have a 9250 and I'm tryingto get a little better work out of it.<br><br>
so far I have been ablet to get the GPU to 300mhz from 240mhz and the heatsink became hot with the passive cooling so I took the fan from my P5b for the NB and hooked that up now it stays cool as can be but still the freq will not go up without getting massive artifacts. so I'm taking it at this time it is a vmod that needs to be done. any idea how or where I would go to do so?<br><br><br>
this is for the PCI version and I understand that this card sucks and I have room on my pc for better but I'm broke right now since I just bought a hard drive and being it's bill time. but till I can afford to get another card this will ahve to do for now.

·
Administrator
64,287 Posts
Overclocking on the PCI bus can cause issues as the frequency of the PCI slot can rise causing system instability and artifacts as you have suggested. Have you tried overclocking with ATI TOOL ? <br />
<br />
<b><u>By the way i really would put the Chipset cooler back on your motherboard as it will need it more mate.</u></b>

·
Banned
1,467 Posts
Hes not overclocking his pci buss, for him to be overclocking his pci buss he would need to be raising the fsb without a pci/agp lock

·
Registered
3,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
right now the chipset is at a around 32*C which should be ok correct?<br><br>
with the overclocking I was using the card on both a intel 845GRG mobo which was then scavanged off that so I can put this computer together at least for now and both are having issues with the artifacts when near 300MHz. the 845G couldn't overclock a thing and this one the pci bus is locked down.<br><br>
I've tried overclocking with both ATI tools, and the one that comes with the NGO drivers. I don't think it is a heat issue. without the fan it would get very hot on the cooler and with the fan it's cool to the touch but no change in how high it can clock.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts