Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A big hello to every one on here. The name is Jonny and i am living in East Yorkshire within the UK. I have built a few pcs but not with water cooling before.

I have been refered to this site by a company some people may know called overclockers.co.uk - Here comes the story for me being here lol.

I purchased a pc from this company (overclockers.co.uk) around 14 months ago, it was a standard rig worth £700. When it arrived to my supprise i had received a water cooled system. Now i didnt have a clue what was in the rig and didnt want to begin using it incase they called to say they had made a mistake. Two weeks went and heard nothing, so got the pc up and running and its worked a dream. After a bit of research on the parts in the pc it was comming close to £2500 just from the RAM, MoBo, CPU and G.card and case.

Like i said its been running fine for 14 months but now it only stays turned on for a few minutes then just shuts down. After speaking to the very helpfull support from overclockers they said it appears your pump has stoped working as the 2 pipes onto the CPU are getting very hot.

Now i have done some research and its only cooling my CPU and its a complete kit with the pump in the Reservoir, i think. I believe it to be an xspc bit of kit but have no idea how to go about removing mine and replacing it.

So story over thanks for reading this far if you have lol. I need to replace it but i am filling my pants to say the least, on how i do it. If this post needs moving i am sory in advance. I have some URL's to images of my pc but am not sure where to post them, as i have been told the people on here are very helpfull and know there stuff i am hoping someone can tell me what i have in the pc cooling it and what i need to buy to replace what i have.

Hope to hear from you guys soon. Again hello to all

URLS to the pics i have taken.

https://www.humyo.com/10218553/P1000146.JPG

https://www.humyo.com/10218553/P1000147.JPG

https://www.humyo.com/10218553/P1000148.JPG

https://www.humyo.com/10218553/P1000149.JPG

https://www.humyo.com/10218553/P1000151.JPG

If the images dont load up instantly give it a few seconds or click downlod file to preview it. Looking forward to hearing from you all.

·
Registered
161 Posts
from the looks of it. it could e shuttin down due to overheatin caused by a dead pump. and also the tube goin to the res seems to be pinched

just my 2 cents

·
Registered
373 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by playboy4u2nv View Post
from the looks of it. it could e shuttin down due to overheatin caused by a dead pump. and also the tube goin to the res seems to be pinched

just my 2 cents
Did you even read his post? The OP told us that much.

@ the OP:

So what in particular do you need help with in taking the loop apart? I can't actually view your pics since the web security system at work isn't letting them through, but I take it you're stuck on the part where you need to pull a tube off and have water go spilling everywhere?

If you're able, dismount a couple of the things the hoses are hooked to (pump, cpu block, etc.) to give you some freedom of movement, then put the barb you plan on pulling the tube off of over a bucket beside your PC and let it drain into that.

If you're worried about water affecting your PC, just don't turn it on for a day or so and it'll probably be fine as long as it didn't get any significant quantity of water on it. If it did, let it dry for longer. Honestly, this isn't really that big of a worry. I've heard of GPUs having pools of distilled water on them and still running smoothly (not that I'd intentionally let that happen ^^; ).

Be sure to do all this with everything unplugged of course.

Once your loop has been drained, I'm sure you can figure things out from there.

Feel free to ask whatever you need to.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers sivyr for the advice, i have just got my new pump so will let you know how i get on mate. One quick question if i may. Is it going to be ok using the old fluid or would it be worth buying some new fluid? If so any recommendations as there appears to be loads out there

Big thnk you for the help so far though.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by carnage218
View Post

Cheers sivyr for the advice, i have just got my new pump so will let you know how i get on mate. One quick question if i may. Is it going to be ok using the old fluid or would it be worth buying some new fluid? If so any recommendations as there appears to be loads out there

Big thnk you for the help so far though.

Honestly there seems to be a lot of fluids marketed out there that aren't worth their salt. My suggestion is to go to your grocery store and just buy some distilled water. Also, order some biocide or get some antimicrobial agent for aquariums from a pet shop if you don't have a good place to order PT Nuke (the OCN favourite) or a silver killcoil from. A mix of water and biocide is pretty well always the best thing to use, and the cheapest by far.

Now, whatever that machine has in it for coolant, you're going to have to clean out the tubes. A mix of 50% distilled water and 50% vinegar is good to flush your system out with. It'll take care of any gunk that may have built up. Just don't use tap water because it'll introduce mineral impurities to your loop.

If you need more info on cleaning a loop, I'm sure you can search the boards and come up with plenty of good advice.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts