Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive been experimenting with overclocking my cpu for a while, and i always get stuck at this point.

i have a amd 3000 barton chip, 333 fsb.
asus a7n8x-e
1 gig of ddr 333 memory
600 power supply
coolermaster cpu cooler

ive managed to reduce the temp of the cpu to 42, previously at 60 with the new coolermaster cooler.

the problem i have is that, i overclock it at 179 with a multiplier of 13 and a vcore of 1.75. However as soon as i put it to 180 on whatever multiplier and any vcore setting, it wont boot up, forcing me to reset the bios etc?

is there anything else i can do to get more out of my cpu?

·
Premium Member
1,299 Posts
sounds like you might have reached the limit..have you flashed the mobo bios to the latest version? that will probably solve the low fsb problem.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Plague

sounds like you might have reached the limit..have you flashed the mobo bios to the latest version? that will probably solve the low fsb problem.

ive tried updating it, i have version 10 08, and latest is 10 12, however when i go to enter file in the flash utility it says file not found on the floppy. any ideas?

·
Registered
885 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by matthew1985

ive been experimenting with overclocking my cpu for a while, and i always get stuck at this point.

i have a amd 3000 barton chip, 333 fsb.
asus a7n8x-e
1 gig of ddr 333 memory
600 power supply
coolermaster cpu cooler

ive managed to reduce the temp of the cpu to 42, previously at 60 with the new coolermaster cooler.

the problem i have is that, i overclock it at 179 with a multiplier of 13 and a vcore of 1.75. However as soon as i put it to 180 on whatever multiplier and any vcore setting, it wont boot up, forcing me to reset the bios etc?

is there anything else i can do to get more out of my cpu?

First off, sweet system. Second--I had the same problem when I OCed 209 x 11 = 2300. I lowered it down to 200 x 11 and it works fine. I've been told this is because my RAM is 200mhz and since im running 1:1 ratio...ya.

·
Registered
645 Posts
the problem is that your ram runs at 166 fsb, so you probably wont be able to get 200 fsb w/ that

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by AtoMicMoNkEy15

the problem is that your ram runs at 333 fsb, so you probably wont be able to get 200 fsb w/ that

oh rite i see, and how do i check this, wheres it under in the bios

·
Registered
1 Posts
i also have a 3000 barton runing at 2.17mhz - is there anyway i can up this safely, i have tried a little tweaking in bios but im a little afraid of nuking my chip, not that that would be a bad thing as id just have to by a 64 chip instead! but for the meantime id like to squeaze as much as i can safely.... any ideas/help???

pete
)

·
Premium Member
2,871 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by jimmyreno1998

i also have a 3000 barton runing at 2.17mhz - is there anyway i can up this safely, i have tried a little tweaking in bios but im a little afraid of nuking my chip, not that that would be a bad thing as id just have to by a 64 chip instead! but for the meantime id like to squeaze as much as i can safely.... any ideas/help???

pete
)

yeh as you can see in my sig RIG1 is a XP3000+ 333fsb BARTON and it runs easily at 2.37GHz.

What are the rest of your specs ?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts