Overclock.net banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i bought a new ati 3650 second hand from ebay and the seller said it was perfect i got it and i noticed the card was damaged at the pci-e slot so i checked it and the pins were not damaged so i put it in and now it wont display any signal to monitor and i removed it and my on board graphics wont work now either or my spare card and i have reset all my bios and everything and it still wont work i also put it in a spare pc and the same has happened my mobo is the intel d915gux i know its old but it was just opened last month it was sitting in my uncles shop for years so it is perfect i have good knolege of computers but i am stumped please help me

·
Registered
41 Posts
Are you getting fans when turn on the system? Hard drive & optic drive lights? Since that rig is so old I would say it could be that you psu just was old and died on you. If you reset the cmos by using a jumper I would take out the battery for 10 mins then try it again. Go on youtube and look up how to check your psu there's a explanation on how to use a paper clip and a case fan to test it, this will save you some time if your psu is dead.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
everything seems ok the fans are running and everthing i will try a new psu just now but the card done the same thing to a spare system i have tried spare cards also nothings working and i have also tried my onboard graphics in which i was using i dont understand it everything was fine untill i plugged that stupid card in and the guy wont even replace my board hes being a dick calling me stupid and stuff

·
Registered
270 Posts
Hi somervillearron. If it was faulty when you received it and he sold it to you "as new and working", you should really go to the eBay Resolution Centre I believe it's called. You can then get it sorted with eBay being the middleman between you and the seller. Take a really close, long look at the golden fingers on the card for any damage too. Hope you get it sorted soon.

Videocardshop.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.