Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok.
as you can see from the title i'm fairly new to overclocking in general although i overclocked my 7600GT.

would i be able to overclock my M2N-E SLi and x2 3800+
im runnin the stock cooler but how much can i overclock with and without the stock cooler?

i don't really understand the aspects of overclocking but i've read a lot of guides and manuals to it and i still dont understand

·
Registered
377 Posts
you should be able to get in some moderate overclocking on the stock cooler, as X2s tend to run fairly cold....more so if that is a Brisbane rather than a Windsor.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Drop your HT link to 4x(for now), set your ram at one level lower than it's supposed to run at, up your NB, ram, and HT voltage by .05, and crank your fsb 5-10 at a time. Leave your vcore alone and see how high you can get stock, when you feel like you want to stay at a certain speed, test with orthos for about 8 hours, if it fails then lower the fsb until you can get 8 hours out of it

·
Registered
377 Posts
ah...ok..Windsor will run a little hotter.....on stock cooling with that, i would expect 2.2 or 2.4, but it's been a while since i was an AMD oc'er and i never had an X2, so i would wait on the advice on someone who is a little better with the AMD dual cores...

EDIT: RX7 has got your back.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by daljeet2
View Post

would it be a good stable overclock tho?
i kinda have some really bad ram on me atm.

Yeah, that's specifically why I said to lower you ram by one notch than stock before overclocking, because most can take an extra 100-200Mhz of an overclock before setting a divider

1 - 9 of 9 Posts