Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an e6420 running on an Maximus Formula X38 flashed with a rampage bios. OCZ Reaper 1150mhz DDR2 2 x 2gb, large aftermarket heatsink and cooler.

I was running at 3.2 for the last several weeks with no issues, recently i started getting the blue screen of death. The setting's I've been using are:

FSB: 399 X 8
DDR2: 1063
DRAM TIMING: 5-5-5-15-3-54-6-3
CPU Voltage: 1.38V
CPU PLL Voltage: 1.5
Northbridge Voltage: 1.41
DRAM Voltage: 2.22
FSM Termination Voltage: 1.40
Southbridge Voltage: 1.05
Southbridge 1.5V: 1.5v

Everything else is auto. These settings were working fine and CPU temps were 30c and 32c, what settings should I tweak to get some extra stability? Thanks

EDIT: I just bumped it up to 400 FSB and 1066 memory, I increased the CPU voltage to 1.4, the termination voltage to 1.42 and the north bridge to whatever came after 1.41, seems to be more stable now, but would still like some tips. This is my first time overclocking.

·
Registered
134 Posts
My tip would be to try and keep the memory as close to stock speeds as possible. imo, you won't really see much performance increase with overclocked memory, just instablility. I used to get blue screen when I'd taken my memory from 800mhz to 1066mhz. Now I try to keep it as close to 800mhz as I can, while overclocking the cpu

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Isn't the OCZ reaper memory rated stock at 1150mhz? if so then I'm actually under clocking it a bit, or is 1150 the max the memory is rated for? I'm not sure how they do the ratings. I haven't blue screened since my voltage changes, Ive been running some demanding video transcoding programs with no problems.

Here is my memory: http://www.ocztechnology.com/product...er_hpc_edition

What's odd is my old settings worked fine for like 3 weeks, running the CPU 100% regularly and stressing the ram, but last night it would blue screen with basically no usage at all. Then I tweaked the settings and it's running fine even under load. Why is that?

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Fine by me. If the temps are ok. You never specified your load temps? I'm running the same cpu, but luckily mine is prime stable at stock vcore. Had to bump the termination a bit, and NB voltage. Still the 65nm chips could take voltage a lot better than the 45s and 32s.

Mine loads around 55-58C on coretemp. VID is 1.3375. EDIT: forgot to add i'm running at 400 x 8 too.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mine loads to 48-51c when running prime95, when using a video transcoding program which also maxes the CPU the temp is 38-41c

What are you running for NB and termination voltage?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts