Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys, i've just recently purchased the corsair nautilus 500 WC kit. although the AS5 i've applied hasn't fully settled yet (3 hrs as time of writing), the temps r doing not bad (29c idle at stock). i previously owned a TT big typhoon and was only able to get a stable overclock to 4.2Ghz @ 1.425V and the temps were very high (66c load). <br />
<br />
so i was expecting better overclocking results with this new cooler. temp-wise is doing ok, 4.2Ghz @ 1.425V (56c load), but the problem is that i can't get past 4.2Ghz stable. i tried rising the Vcore to 1.5V - 1.6V, can still get into windows, but prime95 won't run for more than 2-3mins while the temps are still under 65c. does that mean i should keep rising Vcore until stable or is that the limit on the CPU? (but i see some ppl doing 4.5Ghz and better using similar hardwares & settings). how can i get a better result? am i missing something?<br />
<br />
<br />
cheers

·
Registered
226 Posts
what is your fsb to ram ration it should be 1.1 if u need more detail just ask

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<div style="margin:20px; margin-top:5px; ">
<div class="smallfont" style="margin-bottom:2px">Quote:</div>
<table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="99%">
<tr>
<td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset">

<div>
Originally Posted by <strong>nemesis975</strong>

</div>
<div style="font-style:italic">what is your fsb to ram ration it should be 1.1 if u need more detail just ask</div>

</td>
</tr>
</table>
</div>yes is 1:1, i was thinking of rising the ram spd a bit faster after i get a stable overclock, but i just couldn't get past the 4.2Ghz mark, does it mean that i brought a WC kit just for a 10c drop and not increase any performance? since i can do this speed with my big typhoon but just higher temp.... =(

·
Registered
292 Posts
I had the same board but a D960 in it and I put water to the North bridge which enabled me to get more outta Coing as it gets real hot and without a fan from a heatsink gets even hotter also put faster ram under full load I would be running at 47c

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<div style="margin:20px; margin-top:5px; ">
<div class="smallfont" style="margin-bottom:2px">Quote:</div>
<table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="99%">
<tr>
<td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset">

<div>
Originally Posted by <strong>TURN & BURN</strong>

</div>
<div style="font-style:italic">I had the same board but a D960 in it and I put water to the North bridge which enabled me to get more outta Coing as it gets real hot and without a fan from a heatsink gets even hotter also put faster ram under full load I would be running at 47c</div>

</td>
</tr>
</table>
</div><br />
hmmm.... water on the north bridge..... it'll be too difficult for me & too much hassle (thats why i just brought an "off the shelf" kit, since i know a custom one would perform better and cheaper). but thanks for ur suggestion though. just curious, how many volts r u pumping? <br />
<br />
i've also tried rising the MCH and FSB voltages, but nothing works..... <br />
<br />
-- currently trying 295FSB (4425Mhz @ 1.475V)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts