Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
2,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i am at 217X12 right now, how do i increase my multi? my board's bios can only lower it from 5 to 12....<br>
i am pretty sure that my ram cant keep up with my CPU and i dont want to use a divider because that lowers performance so i was wondering if i could raise the multi any higher...<br>
the PCI-E bus is locked, and i set CPU voltage to 1.45V but it only runs at 1.39...why is that?

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
You can't raise the multi, it's locked on all A64's excluding the FX series.<br><br>
Throwing your ram on a divider does not really lower performance, you can thank AMD's IMC for that =). Even though my RAM can hit 300mhz at 2.5-4-4-8 1/1, I run it at 212mhz at 2-2-2-8 on a 5/6 divider and I haven't been able to notice a difference in any benchmark.

·
Banned
2,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
maybe it isnt that noticable; however is it not inefficient to have your CPU and RAM at different speeds? then data wont flow smoothly and the CPU will not be working at its full potential, it has to 'wait' for the RAM

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
I don't know everything regarding A64's IMC but I do know that there is little to no difference when running a 1/1 or 5/6 divider, from my own personal experience and the experiences of others.<br><br>
If waiting for the RAM is considered "inefficient" and the wait time can't be seen/noticed, does it really matter?<br><br>
CPU mhz>RAM mhz, at least for the a64

·
Banned
2,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok i was able to get to 2648 (220X12)<br>
i am STILL AT 1:1 WOOOOOOOT!<br>
my ram volts are up to 2.8v<br>
is this dangerous?<br>
my CPU volts are at 1.392v<br>
and my temps are, get this, on a $15 HSF and tons of fans, 33idle /43looad

·
Super Noob
1,768 Posts
how did you get ur multi up to 12x i thought they were locked to 10x like the 3200+

·
Super Noob
1,768 Posts
<div style="margin:20px;margin-top:5px;">
<div class="smallfont" style="margin-bottom:2px;">Quote:</div>
<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="99%"><tr><td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset;">
<div>Originally Posted by <strong>amd_hardsoftware</strong></div>
<div style="font-style:italic;">cause yours is skt754</div>
</td>
</tr></table></div>
Umm no its a 939 + its a manchester core

·
Premium Member
45,674 Posts
<div style="margin:20px;margin-top:5px;">
<div class="smallfont" style="margin-bottom:2px;">Quote:</div>
<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="99%"><tr><td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset;">
<div>Originally Posted by <strong>Delphi</strong></div>
<div style="font-style:italic;">how did you get ur multi up to 12x i thought they were locked to 10x like the 3200+</div>
</td>
</tr></table></div>
Correct, the 939 DC 3800+ is a 10x. But, the single core 3800+ is a 12x.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts