Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Microsoft WMO 1.1 and I'm wondering how do I even get started painting this thing like glossy black with a white symbol. IE like the type of paint/method of how to come at this.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Thoroughly clean the mouse. Then mask off the areas you don't want to paint (use masking tape and not duct tape). Rough up the area that you want to paint with fine steel wool. Clean again to remove plastic dust. The first coat should be a primer, preferably close to the color of the final coat. Let completely cure for however long the paint specifies. Next use only paint intended for use with plastics. Paint the area with the color you want, do so in several passes letting a pass dry slightly before the next pass. Let paint dry for the specified time. Then use a clear coat acrylic that is also meant for use with plastics. Let this layer dry for specified time plus a few extra hours. This should hold up to use.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have another question. How would I paint a small symbol on the mouse? Will using some paint made for plastic and hand paint it work fine?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts