Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Web Developer
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all!

I just sold my HD 7950 and i am looking to get a new GPU.
Should i get a GTX 780 or wait for the HD 9970 ?
Is it worth the wait ?

(i love AMD cards)
tongue.gif

·
Premium Member
5,241 Posts
If you feel you can wait till the next series of AMD cards, and they are what you really like, then I think you have your answer there. Personally I would go with the 780 as I don't really see the new series of AMD cards blowing it away, and you'll be able to use your GPU now instead of waiting until ?? for the new AMD cards to come out.

·
Web Developer
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah that is what i first thought .. i can get a new 780 for $635 but its a PNY . is it worth it?

·
Premium Member
11,034 Posts
OP the HD 9970 is rumoured to match Titan performance for USD 600. wouldn't hurt to wait till Oct. the cards should be out in roughly 6 weeks . definitely worth the wait.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu78 View Post

OP the HD 9970 is rumoured to match Titan performance for USD 600. wouldn't hurt to wait till Oct. the cards should be out in roughly 6 weeks . definitely worth the wait.
If that is true, he is only saving 35 dollars over the course of a little over a month. OC'd 780's beat Titans at stock (unfair comparison, but for 300 more I would expect a larger gap).

·
Premium Member
11,034 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMasterNoob View Post

If that is true, he is only saving 35 dollars over the course of a little over a month. OC'd 780's beat Titans at stock (unfair comparison, but for 300 more I would expect a larger gap).
if HD 9970 matches Titan at stock, its definite that HD 9970 OC beats GTX 780 OC. HD 9970 is a massive chip. clock speeds are expected to be 925 - 975 mhz. add to it a free BF4 game bundle and its hard not to wait.
smile.gif

·
Old to Overclock.net
375 Posts
Personally I'd wait until the card is out, reviewed and comes from a decent brand. Rumored to take on a GTX Titan you say.... I may just sell my 660s and go for AMD, for the first time in my life

·
Web Developer
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah then i will wait for the 9970. thanks all

1 - 8 of 8 Posts